"Victory Garden"

The ground is starting to warm up and the days are growing longer. All signs that it’s time to have another go at planting a garden.

Yes, I said another. Last year was NOT a “victory garden”. I’m relying on my own ability to water the garden and not the fancy drip system that over watered and killed off last years plants.

I’m ready for some home-grown flavor! I’m also ready for the veggies to remain fresh and stored right on the vine instead of crammed into my fridge where they go bad in just a few short days.

For those of you not planting a garden this year, don’t feel bad! I’ll share (if all goes well).


These tender plants compete with everything else in the garden for water, nutrients, attention, light and space.

Sounds a lot like LIFE doesn’t it?

For those of you who don't delight in physical work, or the soulfulness of planning a garden, ( blah, blah,...I know) no need to give yourself yet another kicking. Here's a garden that can be planted and it's never too late to begin.

A Garden of Joy (something cute I came across)

Plant five rows of Peas: Prayer, perseverance, politeness, promptness, and purity
Plant three rows of Squash: Squash gossip, squash criticism, and squash indifference.
Plant five rows of Lettuce: Let us be faithful to duty; let us be unselfish; let us be truth- full; let us follow Christ; let us love one another.
No garden is complete without Turnips: Turn up for church; turn up with a smile; turn up with new ideas; turn up with determination to make everything count for something good and worthwhile.

Let’s experience joy in spite of our circumstances.

HAPPY GARDENING !

Comments

Anonymous said…
Love it.
Kristen said…
I'm excited to see how it turns out for you! Gardening never worked for me either and I would LOVE to have all the fresh veggies. Good luck!!
I am so happy to see that, I am going to have a hundred questions for you because I decided I really want to learn how to garden in fact I sat down at the computer right now to read up on it but thought I would check blogs first!!! Also do you hire yourself out for pictures? I need to get Kyles Bday pics. I always get bday pics done and send them to family to keep everyone updated. Let me know how much you charge if you do that. Thanks!!
Lorri, I am so excited about your gardening efforts. You were asking me for advise when you have Kelli right at hand(she is the expert). I am still experimenting. It takes me a while to catch on. Good luck,
LOVE YOU
So, do you have prices for your pictures? After you mentioned it yesterday I started getting excited. You take great pictures.

Popular posts from this blog

JUST ME AND THE GIRLS

BACK TO SCHOOL 2012.