BABY + CRAIG HOME = LOTS OF FUN

I listened to some great advice from a friend while learning photography who said, "Take at least one photo a day and you'll be surprised how much you learn."

I've practiced this for a few months now and boy is she right. It's been amazing! I've learned so much.

I always have my camera with me, ready to shoot my "photo of the day" and in doing so I've surprised myself with some pretty creative shots.

It was easy to get my shot in for the day after watching this little guy. His mom asked if I could watch him while she was out of town and of course I said yes! We have thoroughly enjoyed having a baby in the house again.

The only bad thing is when his momma gets back she might have to de-craig-atize him. He's been given lots of attention, maybe too much! Hopefully we haven't spoiled him rotten. I introduced him to the train and we've been best buds ever since.





So... for all of you who are learning photography, let me pass on this great advice, TAKE A PICTURE A DAY. Also, if you enjoy being a little creative with your photography go to pioneer woman's website
You can download PW's actions and add some great effects. Best of all, it's FREE!

Here's some of PW's actions put into action. I changed the original (SOOC) image to vintage then to sepia and finally to black & white.

warning! It can be extremely addicting.




Comments

kelli said…
This little one is the CUTEST isn't he...a gerber baby for sure! GREAT PHOTO'S
Tracey said…
Lorri - your photography looks great! I have looked at some of your post when i am blog hopping. You are a talented girl. I have taken a photography class but not feeling like I am much better - I guess it will take some time. What camera do you have and do you use lightroom or photoshop? You pictures are amazing! If you get a chance my e mail is tracey@traceysimas.com I would love to hear how you got where you are! Cute pictures of that little boy!
Lori said…
I love what you did with the photo! I am set to take a photography class in a few weeks. We still need to get together sometime. Are your girls still in dance on Thursdays? I haven't seen you at the studio recently.
Lori said…
I don't know if your sister would remember me but please tell her C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S!! I saw the wonderful news on her blog. I am so happy for her. It looks like she found a great guy!
candice said…
How fun to have a little one around!! Do you take big ones for the weekend??? ;)

Great pics Lor...I love the last one.
The pictures look GREAT!!! I dont have your email to send you an invite to my blog. Can yo e-mail it to me amy.slm@cox.net
would wednesday @5:30 work for pictures?
Kelly said…
Wow!Cute pics! Got your comment about the bike park! Look @ my blog now! We wont be @ the bike park for a while!! Harley had a crash! It was so good seeing yout the other day! I miss seeing your face every sunday! We do need to get together! Hope all is well!
CoCo said…
Once again Lorri...You have amazing talent. Speaking.... will you do our family pics on Sat.? Love ya sis!

Popular posts from this blog

JUST ME AND THE GIRLS

BACK TO SCHOOL 2012.