my sick little youngstser

Yesterday the school nurse called to say that my daughter was complaining of a belly ache but had no fever or other signs of sickness. After speaking to Bree I felt that she could make the last hour of school. I assured her that I would be there early, waiting in the parking lot just in case she got any worse.

I didn't receive another call and she didn't come out early. But as soon as I saw her I knew she wasn't her normal self. This youngster gets super cranky when she's not feeling well. And I made myself available to listen to everyone of her complaints.

Later that evening when I expressed that I wasn't feeling so good and might be coming down with something myself, this same little girl threw her arms around me and said, "I'm so sorry that I was whining to you about everything. If I knew you were sick I wouldn't have. If you need someone to complain to, I'll listen!"

I felt honored that she was so willing to be there for her mother. And was tickled to find this sweet little note still clutched tightly in her hand as I went to tuck her in for the night.


The very next morning this is what I found on my couch...

*A sick little girl still in her pj's.

*A sick little doll still in her pj's.

* Another note.



Guess who will be staying home from school today?

Comments

kelli said…
I just want her! SOOO LUCKY...
Michelle said…
That is adorable!!! What a cutie! I hope you both feel better :)
Anonymous said…
What a sweet girl! Hope you both get feeling better quickly!
Whitny said…
Cute note, cute girl. Wish I looked that good sick.
Thank you so much for all your advice. I really appreciate it.
CoCo said…
Awe!!!I love her!!!

Popular posts from this blog

JUST ME AND THE GIRLS

BACK TO SCHOOL 2012.