My Sick Little Youngster

Yesterday, I received a call from the school nurse telling me that Breeley was complaining of a bellyache.

No fever.

No other signs of sickness.

After talking to Bree, I felt like she could probably make it through the last hour of school. I assured her that I would be there early, waiting in the parking lot, just in case she started feeling worse.

The phone never rang again, and she made it through the rest of the day.

But the minute I saw her...

I knew.

She wasn't her usual self.

This little youngster gets super cranky when she isn't feeling well, and by the time we got home, she had plenty of complaints to share.

And I made myself available to listen to every single one of them.

Later that evening, I mentioned that I wasn't feeling so great myself and wondered if maybe I was coming down with something too.

Suddenly, my sick little girl forgot all about herself.

She threw her arms around me and said,

"I'm so sorry that I was whining to you about everything. If I knew you were sick, I wouldn't have. If you need someone to complain to, I'll listen!"

My heart melted.

Here she was feeling miserable herself, yet the moment she realized her momma might not feel well, she was ready to take care of me.

That night, when I went in to tuck her into bed, I found the sweetest little note still clutched tightly in her hand.

I couldn't help but smile.

And then...

The very next morning, I walked into the family room and found this on my couch:

A sick little girl still in her pajamas.

A sick little doll still in her pajamas.

And another little note.


Guess who will be staying home from school today?

Looks like this momma has a patient (or two) to take care of.

Comments

kelli said…
I just want her! SOOO LUCKY...
Michelle said…
That is adorable!!! What a cutie! I hope you both feel better :)
Anonymous said…
What a sweet girl! Hope you both get feeling better quickly!
Whitny said…
Cute note, cute girl. Wish I looked that good sick.
Thank you so much for all your advice. I really appreciate it.
CoCo said…
Awe!!!I love her!!!

Popular posts from this blog

JUST ME AND THE GIRLS

CALI TRIP