tip: bigger blog pictures

I have been asked by several of you how I make the pictures on my blog bigger. There are other ways of doing it but here’s what I do.

You will need a place online to store your pictures. I use Photobucket, it’s FREE! You can find it HERE.

To sign up click the green box titled join now.

Upload your pictures by selecting “Albums and upload” from the drop down menu.

Next, under the blue box titled “Upload images & videos” you will see this: (more options) click to size your pictures ( I use Large 640 x 480)

Now you are ready to find the file you want to upload by selecting “Upload images & videos”

Simply highlight the file and the upload will begin.

Once it’s done you can add a title if you would like. Then select “return to album”

The picture itself will have its own pull down menu. Go to “Direct Link” and highlight the link and copy it. (right click and select “copy”).

This is the link that you will paste into your blog.

To paste to your blog you simply follow the same process you would to upload your smaller pictures, only this time after you select the picture icon you will NOTAdd an image from your computer” rather you will see located further to the right a section that reads
Or add an image from the web” under this you will see a URL. This is where you will paste your “Direct Link” code from photobucket. Click upload image and... there you have it!

Now, The height and width of some of your pictures might be too big to fit your blog, but don't worry. To get those pictures to fit into your blog again simply copy and paste the following piece of code into the HTML-code by selecting Layout> Edit HTML

This is what you are looking for:
[I’ve changed my header from the original. You don't have to adjust the width of your header but you will need to adjust your main and outer wrapper if you choose the Large pictures. This is the changes I have made.]


/* Header
-----------------------------------------------
*/
#header-wrapper {
width:950px;


/* Outer-Wrapper
----------------------------------------------- */
#outer-wrapper {
width: 1000px;

#main-wrapper {
width: 660px;

#sidebar-wrapper {
width: 300px;


I hope this helps. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to help. Just let me know! If you have a favorite blog and want to view the adjustments made you can always select view>source.

**********************************************************************************************
Click HERE to see another way to make your pictures bigger.

Comments

Kari said…
Lorri,
I just wanted to say thanks for posting this info! I have been trying to figure out how to do this for a while and kept messing it up, but when I did it your way, it turned out great! Thanks again!!!

Popular posts from this blog

JUST ME AND THE GIRLS

BACK TO SCHOOL 2012.