beauty in the small things

I'm very humbled after watching THIS VIDEO. I have begun to embrace motherhood more fully as I now recognize my ability to move freely through the myriad tasks I have on a daily basis.

It seems that time has S-L-O-W-E-D down a bit for me as I have tried to be more present in moments such as holding my children, bathing them and doing those little yet important things like making lunches and washing their little faces.

As I got in the line this morning to drop the kids off at school, give kisses, hugs, and some priceless advice such as, "Do your best!" and say one last good-bye, I hear a plea come from the mouth of my soccer player (you know the little stud who wears #2) as he says, "Hey Mom, will you please make sure my soccer socks are washed, dried, and to the office by 11:00 am when you pick up Brit from school? I need them for tonights championship game!"

And then from the very back of the car comes another request by my oldest son who in a panicked kind of a way yells out, "OH NO Mom! I forgot that I was supposed to bring an empty PRINGLES can to science class TODAY! Could you have one to me by 2nd hour?"

I just sigh, but not grudgingly this time! I'm glad I'm able! I mean who needed that 9:45 gym class that was originally on the schedule?

I realize that I wouldn't want to be any other place than where I make the most difference and today that would be at home washing socks for soccer and at the grocery store buying a pringles can.

Thank you Stephanie Nielson for helping me recognize the beauty in the small things, as I do this, then that, then that, then that again, then do it all over again the next day.

Comments

Clint Andersen said…
Beautifully written, Lorri! Keep living in that moment.
Alli Hunter said…
Lorri, I know Stephanie. Her older sister was one of my best friends in High School, her name is Courtney Clark Kendirck, she also has a blog that is very popular, it's cjanerun.com. They are the most amazing family I've ever known. My heart breaks for Stephanie, but she inspires me daily, she's amazing. Her blog is nieniedialogues.blogspot.com in case you don't already have it. :)
kelli said…
This came to mind as I read your post...

Every man I meet is my superior in some way. In that, I learn of Him.
-Emerson
Kelly said…
Oh my! I tivoed that episode! I read nienie, and I was in tears during Oprah.. It was so amazing watching what she goes through, and how she choose the HARD way.. Like we all did before we came to this life! And the way her husband looks at her, is so beutifull. He LOVES her so much. It really makes you look at your life, and helps us improve were we need too. Love this post.

Popular posts from this blog

JUST ME AND THE GIRLS

BACK TO SCHOOL 2012.