Jesus loves me

As you know from reading THIS that those fun little wax coated yarn strands called wikki stix have made their way into some unwanted places in our home.

They can definitely be used and reused and reused as works of art. For the most part they are pretty mess free, but now they're starting to show up on the outside of the kids' bedroom doors.

Lovely!

The way they see it, is, anyone passing by their bedroom can view their creative masterpieces.

Pretty genius, right?

Wrong! So I thought... until today.

They've decorated their doors with everything you can imagine from flowers to basketball hoops. Well, here... look for yourself. This would be todays display...

Even the little dirt bike that once sat on the dresser can now be displayed on the door . Who knew they were strong enough to hold toys?!?
Occasionally, they even find there way to my door.
I found this as I walked past my little girls room...
(necklace- from primary class. picture of Christ- she clipped from the sacrament program)
and I paused.

I instantly recalled in my mind, a certain smile on a certain little girls face that seemed to stretch from one ear to the other as she proudly showed me that necklace on our drive home from church Sunday afternoon.

Only now, as I walk past her bedroom door, I'm almost certain that I know what her primary teacher taught her- and I smile.

As I stood there, a quote I once read by President Gordon B. Hinckley came to my mind which said, " You have not failed as long as you have tried."

I realize I'm not alone as I "try" to teach my children gospel principles. It's less likely that our children will do things that they know they shouldn't being doing in years to come if they're being taught not only by their parents but by wonderful people with solid foundations (in our ward and community) who are here helping to strengthen and build their little testimonies and who reassure them that Jesus loves them. For this, I'm so grateful!

To all of you primary teachers who lovingly serve, please know that you make a difference!
You most certainly did in the life of this little girl.

For those of you who might be interested in this quote, I looked it up.

President Gordon B. Hinckley: "Never forget that these little ones are the sons and daughters of God and that yours is a custodial relationship to them, that He was a parent before you were parents and that He has not relinquished His parental rights or interest in these little ones.

"Now, love them, take care of them. Fathers, control your tempers, now and in all the years to come. Mothers, control your voices, keep them down. Rear your children in love, in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Take care of your little ones, welcome them into your homes and nurture and love them with all of your hearts.

"They may do, in the years that come, some things you would not want them to do, but be patient, be patient. You have not failed as long as you have tried. Never forget that"

Comments

Kristen said…
I wish I would have read this 5 minutes earlier! Thanks Lorri for you words as always!!:)
dustin and amy said…
I remember this talk and I loved it! Thanks for the reminder, with a husband out of town for 7 days I needed to hear this. Thank You!
Jer said…
Love that quote! Thanks.
The.A.Blog said…
Hi!
Check out my new blog I am starting!
Add me if you'd like, and tell your friends!
Anonymous said…
That was great Lori. Thanks for sharing!
CoCo said…
Oh Lorri! How touching!! I love it.

Popular posts from this blog

JUST ME AND THE GIRLS

BACK TO SCHOOL 2012.