fessing up is hard to do

I walked into my kitchen to find some very unusual markings on my glass oven door. My kids are beyond the age for this kind of thing (so I thought). I went about asking them one by one if anyone knew anything about this. I only got a blank stare and a "nope it wasn't me" response.

I did the next best thing. A line up in front of the oven. Now I could use my "mom powers" looking them up and down to see if there were any physical signs that would give away the suspect (eye movement, fidgeting, stuttering, inability to look me in the eyes etc...etc...).

I had two questions for them. Who did this? and What was it that you chose to write with? I would soon learn that it was a wikki stix(not easy to clean off, but could be worse) courtesy of the library for entering the summer reading program.

After five minutes of getting nowhere (their getting more clever, my "mom powers" are fading) Nathan finally blurted out in frustration, " Who wrote the N's on mom's oven door?" Britley immediately stepped forward, with hands on her hips, looking Nathan square in the eyes, she angrily yelled, " It's not N's Nathan, it's T's.

Ah-Ha! The creator of the T's (I literally had to swallow down my giggle). She stepped back in line and didn't even realize that she had just given herself away.

So, I simply said, "Since no one is willing to fess up, Brit, will you please clean off the oven door?" To which she replied, "Sure Mom."
There's a whole lot of orneriness behind that sweet smile .

Comments

dustin and amy said…
Love it! I love the way you solved that problem! I need to take lessons.
Tracey said…
That is hilarious!
chrisy said…
Awww Brit..little stinker!!! Well handled Lor :)
candice said…
Oh...that is so dang funny! Nathan has some "mom powers" of his own!
CoCo said…
Now that is hilarious! Me and Bll are dying laughing!!! You are quite the story teller.

Popular posts from this blog

JUST ME AND THE GIRLS

BACK TO SCHOOL 2012.