"the good guy"

Breakfast. I love breakfast. We all love breakfast. We just don’t all love to make it. During the week however I consistently make my family breakfast. I think this is as crucial as just about anything.

Although on Sunday morning I've strayed from this routine. If my memory serves me right it was one of those mornings when I grudgingly entered the kitchen (you know the kind I'm referring to, everyone has days like this) knowing you need to make breakfast for the troops but... shock! horror!...you don’t actually want to cook.

We'll, hubby, B.T.C. has a way of tuning right in and reading my mind in times like this. Is genius too strong of a word right now? I think not. His reaction was mighty, wonderful and predictable. He jumped right up, excused me from the kitchen and offered to make a hot breakfast dish. And boy did he ever! From that day forward it has been "Dads famous Oatmeal " every Sunday morning.

I learned that not only was his Sunday morning breakfast deeelish but it helped to make things slightly less hectic as I'm the one in charge of making sure every one is properly groomed and ready for church.

Just last week as we began our Sunday routine of Dad making breakfast and me helping to fix the girls hair, I was just about done with Bree's hair when she heard Mr. B.T.C. yell from the kitchen, "Hey P.G. it's time to eat!"

When the title of "P.G." registered in her mind she looked up at me with those big blue eyes and asked...


"Mom, what does P.G. mean?"

"Well, P.G. stands for pretty girl. Sometimes your daddy calls me that."

"Oh!" Pause.

"Mom?" Giggle. "You sure married you a good guy didn't you?"

"Yes. I did!"

"Mom, Did you know this boy at school named Cutter loves me?"

"Oh, really?"

"Yes!" He stares at me all the time. He even said he's going to bring a rose to school on Monday for me! Do you think he will marry me someday and be as good to me as Daddy is to you?"

"Well dear," swooping her into my arms "I hope you know how important and special you are. You wouldn't want to settle for anything less than than the best. But, for now lets just worry about getting through second grade and we'll deal with things like that down the road. Deal?"

"DEAL!"

Just a note before I close. . .To the good guy.

Thanks for the Sunday breakfasts. For the Friday night dates, for the abbreviations that only you and I know the meaning, for the ability that you have to "tune in" and know my thoughts, and for the way you make me feel so cherished and loved.

You are the perfect role model for how a man should treat his wife.

I love you!

Comments

BTC said…
Behind every "good guy" is one magnificent, beautiful, extraordinary, gorgeous hottie. I love you!!
kelli said…
WE LOVE YOU BRANDON!!!

Popular posts from this blog

JUST ME AND THE GIRLS

BACK TO SCHOOL 2012.