TREASURED NOTES

We have five kids. All five of them are good communicators. I believe our children have learned to communicate by watching how we ( Mr. B.T.C. and I) communicate. Thank goodness Mr. B.T.C. is an expert in that area. 

I realize that kids have different ways of expressing themselves. Some give looks while others speak louder than ever through silence.  Some write notes and then there are those who use words and actions.  Most of the time our kids choose to vocally express themselves and let me tell you something they are experts indeed.  They are respectful(most of the time) and extremely confident.  They know what they want and are not afraid to express it.  Because they are good at expressing their ideas, likes and dislikes vocally we rarely see notes. So when we get one we treasure them.

Here are a few I came across while dusting off a pile of neatly stacked papers.  

This is pretty typical of my little Bree.  When she writes a note it's usually to express gratitude for some thing.  I love her kind heart.

Britley doesn't usually write a note but when she does it's because she is heart broken about something.  One evening Brit asked if I would help her pick out a shirt to wear for school the following day. I agreed.  Apparently she didn't like the shirt I picked for her.  She has a style of her very own. She likes a skirt with jeans on under it.  She loves to wear stripes with plaid and she thinks its beautiful. Sometimes it's hard but I let her do as she wishes. This is why I felt honored when she asked me for help. We clearly don't see eye to eye in this department. It didn't end well. I got a note.

Wesley is a little stud.  He's not much of a note writer.  He was having a hard time making it to scripture study at 5am (he was sleeping through his alarm).  He wanted to handle this. It appears that he wrote on the first thing he laid eyes on (an old CD cover that served as writing material) He left it on the table for his father.  

Like I said Brit usually doesn't write a note unless she is troubled and boy was she troubled about this.  By golly she got into a little trouble with a mosquito and was worried about the result it left "behind".

Mr. B.T.C. is the best. I get notes from him on a regular basis. He is a master at telling me how much he appreciates me. This was a note just because.

Ok this next note broke my heart.  Let me explain... MoJay is our boxer dog we raised from the time he was a pup.  We all loved him but I was usually the one who fed him, bathed him, took him for swims at least 4 or 5 times a day (I felt sorry for him as he was an out door pet in the AZ heat).  One day he left our yard to find a female boxer and that's when the headache began for me.  We couldn't keep him in the yard any longer.  Without a fence to secure him we decided to give him to a friend who by the way took much better care of him.  He even allowed MoJay to sleep in the same bed with him.  That would never happen in my house as I HATE animal hair on furnitures, floors, and everything. Hence the outdoor pet.

Ok to the point... I have never heard the end of giving away our dog so when we moved Bree begged and begged for another.  I said absolutely not!  She cried and begged daily. The answer to this day still remains NO!

I agreed to let her walk the neighbors dogs.  She has gotten to know every dog within a square mile of our house.  She was spending more time away from home than at home with her new passion. I was worried about her safety so we made an agreement that she had to tell me which house she was at and I also had to limit her time down to one day a week. She began to sneak and do it more often than what we agreed. I caught her in the act one day so she was put on restriction. She could not walk dogs for one month. This was the result of that...

Apparently we had a disagreement about something and wanted to make it right.

In this next one apparently she was being blamed by her siblings for something she didn't do. This was upsetting to her. The best friend she is referring to is her sister who was the real culprit to the problem and didn't speak up in her defense. Some best friend she is. That got handled after a conversation between me and the "best friend". 

Ok this one made me laugh out loud. Bree came out of my closet draped in one of my shirts (it was literally dragging to the floor) asking, "Please, Please let me wear this to school tomorrow!" after a "no" she was heartbroken. I love the part where she states, "It's not a fashion show. Why can't I wear it to school?"
 I love her! 

Awe what a nice little note this is. Wait... I guess I make it tough on her to have a puppy. This is one of those letters that has a hidden agenda while being sprinkled with a whole lot of love.


This next one came from one of my sons.  I won't mention any names but it warmed my heart.  I came in the form of a text.

September 14th, 2012, 6:21 AM

I'm sorry. Please forgive me for the way that I have treated you, see the thing is that the problem was not because of you.  Its me, I am struggling with some things inside of my life and struck out at you.  I have no reason to strike out at you and don't really know why I did.  I hope you see that you are an amazing mother.  Sometimes I sit back and study how you work with each of us.  I don't know how you do it but I see at times that it is difficult for you and I'm sorry for contributing to that difficulty.  Things at the time seem so important that I justify how I think and react.  I really want you to know that I love you so much and I am trying really hard to be there for you.  Please forgive me for my wrong doings.
with love, your son

This next one was a sweet reminder that I am loved.

I love self expression in all it's form.  Sometimes words on paper can become treasures. These are definitely treasures to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JUST ME AND THE GIRLS

BACK TO SCHOOL 2012.