helper

B.T.C had to go to Denver this week on business. He invited me to come along. He thought it would be a good idea to have me tag along and handle luggage, etc. since he's still on crutches and will be for another 3 weeks(Doctors orders).
I was delighted to go. I mean I would never pass up an opportunity to spend a little extra time with this man (I don't like crawling into an empty bed at night when he's away).

The extra ticket was bought and off we went. Unfortunately I may have caused him more harm than help so with that said let me just take a moment and apologize for...

# ONE. Pushing him a little too slow through the airport. Who knew the wheelchairs breaks were on?!? (It's my first time with a wheelchair). I was huffing and puffing but trying to look like it was no big deal.

I have a new appreciation for the the wheelchair "pusher". You know how many times I've been to the airport and never even realized what a blessing the moving sidewalks were. We weren't fortunate enough to use it this time. Instead we were on the carpeted path that runs between the two moving sidewalks, moving slowly upward (yes there was an incline).

# TWO. Almost making you miss your flight. Sorry babe! I still don't know why I failed the full body scanner thing a mig jig. I didn't even have a belt on?!? (what's up with those new scanners anyway. Kind of creepy that it can peer right through your clothes and all)So off I go to a little holding room for a full body pat down(humiliating) leaving poor Mr. B.T.C. to put his own shoes back on and figure out how to get all our luggage to the gate in a wheelchair. Oh, and do it all in about 60 seconds cause that's when our flight was scheduled to take off.

I don't know how he did it but he managed to make his way down to the gate and have them hold the flight for his wife so...ya know... she could make it on that plane and be there as the "helper" when he landed in Denver. Really you can stop laughing now, it wasn't that funny at the time.

# THREE. For almost tripping you while heading out of that luxurious condo on our first day (by the way, good save!) I really don't know how one of your crutches caught the heel of my boot. I was just trying to get ahead to open the door for you. I'm sorry!

After all this he crawls in bed that night wraps his arms around my body, squeezes me tight and whispers sincerely... I love having you here!

I know it was a romantic moment but... I laughed so hard I could hardly breathe and replied, "babe you must really love me!"

Good news. Day two went much smoother. I got my helper act together.

He did his business thing while I did mine.

Mine translated means...

reading a good book. Boy did I ever find a good novel. I devoured each page of The Help(sooo good).

Also...

Getting out that good ol' camera of mine and really taking in the city.

First off... thank you Barbie for allowing us to stay at your luxurious condo. My favorite thing about it was stepping out of... Well any one of these sliding doors (see picture below)
to the terrace located on the 14th floor.
I photographed this so you could see for yourself what it was really like up there.
The views were amazing. I wish I would have taken a few of these
same shots at night but I would have froze my fanny off so I opted not to.





I enjoyed using my telephoto lens to zoom up close to some of these
buildings and really see the reflection they seem to absorb.


I loved using my wide angle lens to capture some of these shots from my window seat


It was a nice, quiet, relaxing flight home.

Now back to the job I'm really good at.

Being a Mom!

P.S.
Mr. B.T.C. if you will ever have me be your special helper again, know that I'm experienced now and I promise I will do better.

P.S.S.
Thanks for loving me just the way I am!

Comments

Your so cute. I had a blast with you. Your the best helper any man could dream for. And your beautiful! Life is sooo good as your husband. I love you and thank you for the help.
Michelle said…
OH MY GOSH! Freaking Hilarious!! I am still laughing! I totally picture you at the airport "trying to help"...
candice said…
You are so funny! Love the pics. I'm reading the same book right now...dont want it to end.
Whitny said…
The Help is a great book. Really loved it.
Love your pictures. What a great city.
Very funny about the breaks on the wheel chair.
chrisy said…
U crack me up!! So stinkin funny! Ur reading "The Help"?!?! trying to seek advice on being a better helper :)

Popular posts from this blog

JUST ME AND THE GIRLS

BACK TO SCHOOL 2012.