with all thy getting

. get up
. get the kids ready for school
. get the menu prepared
. get the laundry done
. get that workout in
. get that new house
. get a reliable car
. get good grades
. get an enjoyable career
. get the lawn mowed
. get the "latest" T.V. ...ipod...camera...computer
. get that lesson prepared
. get that appointment scheduled
. get some smiles on those kids' face

are you exhausted yet? No, OK a few more...

. get that dream vacation on the calendar
. get the bills paid
. get that book read
. get a savings account
. get a new pair of shoes
. get those extra pounds to shed
. get more money

OK, I'm guessing you get the point!

We spend most of our precious time getting "stuff"

Would you agree?!?

I realized this after reading Proverbs Chapter 4:7 "with all thy getting get understanding"

This verse struck a chord with me in a quiet kind of self reflecting way(I think this is one of those verses worthy of a little yellow post it sticker). It teaches me to secure wisdom at all cost.

Each of us have the same amount of time in a day, but how do we choose to use it?

After some personal reflecting I'm reevaluating my priorities. I've started with this question: What can I do to come to know God better and help my children grasp the importance of this kind of true wisdom? After watching Glenn Beck's Rally Saturday I can see how influential one person can be for good and righteousness and it's motivating.

Although some of the things on my previous list are important, my list of daily priorities are leaning more towards...

. get out the sunday school manual and study
. get out my scriptures and read
. get my relief society manual out and read the lesson for this week
. get that Ensign article read today
. get on my knees in prayer
. get out and serve those sisters in my ward and community

By gaining "true understanding" it keeps me from stumbling and allows my inner light to shine which brings happiness.

It seems so simple yet it can slip right by if we allow it.

Comments

kelli said…
Lor, when I studied that lesson recently I DID PUT IT ON A STICKY NOTE and it is slapped right to my Bulletin board where I SEE it constantly. IT HAS BECOME MY NEW FAVORITE...LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, IT!
Anonymous said…
I needed to hear that. Thanks!
chrisy said…
Thanks for sharing. As always I appreciate your insight and thoughts. Love ya sis :)

Popular posts from this blog

JUST ME AND THE GIRLS

BACK TO SCHOOL 2012.