little punk

These short summer days are winding down fast. Loading up the family to head to the beach, lake, etc. will soon be replaced with children loading into the car with backpacks, homework, and sack lunches.

I thought with just a few weeks from a new school year, it's probably time to start that smooth transition of getting back into a routine(urgh! I love staying up late watching movies and sleeping in).

I dusted off the mathmatic cards, in hopes that this would help the kids get the 'ol brain cells firing again.

Now, if you can only imagine their enthusiasm. OK, clearly I'm dreaming. Any who, seeing the disappointment in their little eyes, I quickly came up with a better idea. I handed Dawson one of those yellow plastic, magic math time tables (how's that for a description) and gave him very clear instructions:

1. Go find your sister.
2. Brush up on your times table skills using only multiples of three (today).
3. Use that wonderfully creative mind of yours and come up with a game that you and Bree could play.
4. Have fun while learning.
5. I'll be in shortly to check on you.

Easy enough! Now I can focus my attention on the older ones.

I was my word and after a short while went to check up on them. This is what I found:

1. A very terrified little girl.
2. Criss-Crossed arms held up high to protect her face.
3. Smiling older brother.
4. Foam darts being blasted at little sister with devastating piece of machinery...A nerf gun.

I felt so sorry for Bree when she looked up and said, "I don't like getting shot at."

You better believe I inquired as to what in the heck was going on, which the little punk replied, "We are having fun! Everytime she gets one wrong, I shoot her."

Note to self: Never let the creative kid take on the role of "teacher".



Way to destroy the smile.

Comments

Michelle said…
That is hilarious!!! Bet she'll learn them real quick!
kelli said…
SO FUNNY! I'm laughing out loud about this one! LOVE and MISS YOU ALL!
chrisy said…
Dang, that kids funny. Me and mom are still laughing.... :)
Anonymous said…
I'm sorry but that is one of the funniest things ever!! Cute kids.

Popular posts from this blog

JUST ME AND THE GIRLS

BACK TO SCHOOL 2012.