family beach vacation

Some of the biggest waves in years stuck the Orange County coastline while we were vacationing. Some of the waves reached as high as 15 feet. Due to the High surf and rip current advisory for Orange County beaches, we stayed in the shallow water for most of the weekend.

The waves crashing in were beautiful to watch but I felt sorry for the the lifeguards who kept busy trying to keep inexperienced swimmers out of the pounding waves.

As the day went on and my boys became more confident and ventured out into deeper water,they were among the many swimmers who had to be reminded by lifeguards of the dangerous conditions.

The low tide returned by Saturday, late afternoon and that's when the boys began their fun.

Our vacation included...Relaxing in the sand and taking in the beautiful views, visiting with family, celebrating birthdays, watching the kids swim, walking the many shops and art galleries, eating good food and being entertained by all the locals (our favorite being Bobby "the parrot guy").

This photo sums up our experience.

It didn't take us long to get settled in and relax.
My sister and her family join us in California to celebrate our boys' birthdays
(they share the same birth date).







Here's the birthday boys!
Happy 11th Dawson and Happy 8th Reilly.
I can't think of a better way to spend your birthday than together and on the beach.


I love the way the sand feels on your toes.

My sister captured this photo. I was refusing to get in the water for fear of my life because these crashing waves scared me to death. I was nerviously watching the kids as they played in the water when my husband came from behind me and swooped me up onto his shoulders and heads straight for the water. I kicked, I screamed, I fought but he's stronger and he won.
We love to walk the town and shop.

Everyone found new hats.


The kids love to visit this candy store everytime we come to town.

Meet Bobby..."the parrot guy"


Some liked the parrots more than others.



Who in their right mind could pass up a treat from here?






This girl spotted her treat right away...
and enjoyed every bit of it.

My favorite!


I love the beauty of the beach and all those who come to visit.

We head back to play on the beach when the low tide returned .














Time to head back and get ready for dinner.
For us, vacationing includes splurging and eating GOOD FOOD!



Dessert was a favorite.


Our final hours were spent gathering up various treasures.







One last view from the balcany before we head home. Until next time...

Comments

Kelly said…
Looks like a fun Vaca! My fav beach is in Laguna.. Crescent Bay.. Did you go there? I love the houses surrounding the little pathway down to the hidden treasure! And nothing beats walkign around laguna. Now you are back in this HOT HEAT.. We are Hot Mama's 4 sure! :)
Michelle said…
Looks like you guys had an awesome getaway! Love the pics!
Anonymous said…
Oh man! That's my stomping grounds! I miss those beaches being so far away. You guys look like you took advantage of the time out of water eating all that yummy food and hitting the street vendors and sidewalk stores. Laguna Beach is so much fun. Hope you made it to Crescent Bay.

And those toes! the sunflower is just darling! how did they do that?
kelli said…
love the pictures...sure miss you guys!

Popular posts from this blog

JUST ME AND THE GIRLS

BACK TO SCHOOL 2012.