double trouble!

I’m sad.

I’m really sad.

You see, I’m a twin. My twin sis and I have not lived by each other in 14 yrs.

And then, exactly one year and a month ago, that all changed.

The unbelievable happened, she moved to Arizona and boy was I excited!!!
She now lives only two miles from me.

I never realized, until she moved here, that there was a void in my life that she filled. It’s true what they say… twins share a close bond with each other.

This bond comes from having walked every step of our childhood by each others side. Who else but a twin gets to share the same birthday, baptism day, and even “looks” with their bestfriend.

We picked up right where we left off so many years ago. We can still finish each others sentences. We still seem to know what each other is thinking.

We each have 5 children. We both have 2 daughters and we both have three sons. They are the best of friends but can fight as good as siblings do. We love each others kids like they were our own and when one of us leave town, we know our children are being taken care of, just as we would care for them ourselves.

And now after all the excitement of having her finally live right next to me, I’m painfully aware that she might be moving away, all in the name of LOVE. You see, her new man proposed, and he lives in Utah.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m thrilled that she has found this wonderful guy who makes her happy from the inside out, after a very long time, and after a very crummy divorce.

I’m beyond thrilled for her. I'm just bummed that there might be hundreds of miles between us... again.

For her, I’m “loving what is” but for me, I must say, I’m not there yet!

And that makes me sad.

Comments

kelli said…
When I think of this I cry... really hard! We love life together...many times we find ourselves calling each other and eating out for lunch, shopping, relaxing, laughing (ALOT). Life is so complete and full with her. I can't imagine being without her right around the corner! HELP!!!
Kelly said…
Sad! But at least Utah is closer than Missouri! And you guys have your house there, so im sure you will see eachother often! I am so Happy for her!! And Love the comment from mr. Craig on my blog.. Harley is doing much better, after an anti biotic shot and now he is on an oral one.. It has helped with the swelling. and infection.. BOYS!!!
Anonymous said…
Oh you two are amazing. I'm glad you had a over a year to bond with each other, and I have a feeling you will still see a lot of each other. Love you both and gain respect for you both each day!
CoCo said…
First of all, great picture! Twins don't get prettier than the two of you. I am sorry that you are so sad. It is bitter sweet. So much in life is!! I can only imagine how awesome it is to be a twin. Love you guys!!
candice said…
Oh, that makes me sad for you guys too!! I know what it's like to live away from your sister and best friend. Then have them close. I feel lucky to have my sister right in my own neighborhood.

I definitely think you will see a lot more of eachother though, with Kelli's new life ahead of her.

Lor, I'll eat lunches with you!! :)
Jer said…
Twins simply fascinate me. You two are beautiful. Are you on the left Lorri?
skinnyphish said…
I like those freckles on your nose. That is you on the right right?
Lorri said…
Curt got this one right. I'm the one on the right with freckles. I've lived in Arizona for 14 yrs. and my face has seen way more sun than Kelli's.

Popular posts from this blog

JUST ME AND THE GIRLS

BACK TO SCHOOL 2012.