The Little Things

For quite some time, I'd had my eye on a pair of jeans.

Apparently...

Someone was listening.

One evening, I walked into my closet to change into my pajamas, and there they were, draped over the clothing rack.

The unexpected.

I couldn't believe it.

It was such a thoughtful surprise.

But honestly...

It's never really about the stuff.

It's the little things he does that make my heart happy.

Like those evenings when I'm completely exhausted and ready to call it a day, but there are still kids to bathe, dishes to wash, a kitchen to clean, and a dozen other things waiting to be done.

Without saying a word...

He simply steps in.

He takes over.

No complaints.

No scorekeeping.

He just quietly lightens my load and tells me to go do something for me.

To relax.

To breathe.

To recharge.

Those moments mean more to me than he'll probably ever know.

He's always been full of surprises.

He has a way of doing the unexpected, and somehow he continues to make ordinary days feel extraordinary.

He has honestly made my life better than I ever imagined it could be.

It's been that way from the very beginning.

And here we are...

Fifteen years later.

Who still gets excited to say that after fifteen years?

I do.

B.T.C...

Thank you for all the little things that are actually the big things.


Comments

kelli said…
I have seen this guy on an average day...he is truly extraordinary! I'm soooo glad you have him Lorri! Brandon, thank you for taking such good care of my sister Lorri!
What a WONDERFUL husband!!!

Popular posts from this blog

JUST ME AND THE GIRLS

CALI TRIP