"MOMFIDENCE"

My children give me such “MOMFIDENCE” (My spell check just became my enemy) in my ability to succeed at any and everything I attempt.

When I …
Don’t feel like fixing my hair and throw it back in a quick French braid, my girls somehow see me as a beauty queen.

Or when…
I make heart shaped cheese sandwiches, I’m suddenly the “best cook” in the country.

My favorite is when…
I draw stick figures with a (triangle shaped) skirt and add colorful flowers and my children see me as a talented artist.

I love that when…
I move throughout my day I hear, “You’re the bestest mom ever! in the whole world” so many times, that I lose count.

All I have to do is…
add a necklace to my outfit and they think I’m ready to be on the cover of one of those magazines they see at the checkout stand.

If I make…
homemade pizza, they feel I 've instantly been qualified for the position of the school lunch lady and beg me to prepare a new menu for the school lunches and become the cook.

Even though I have my faults, shortcomings, and failures, these little people don’t even notice. They look past it and make me feel like I’m the center of their world.

It feels good to be so trusted…so loved…and so… full of “Momfidence


Comments

kelli said…
Lorri you are beautiful in every way you know that...what a post!!!
Huish Family said…
your kids adore you! what a mom you are!
Anonymous said…
What an amazing SuperMOM! by the way love the new word, Webster would be jealous he didn't come up with that one.
candice said…
Great post. Love the picture too.

This really is true with our kids...I love the way they make me feel like a supermom.

You have such an amazing family. :)

Popular posts from this blog

JUST ME AND THE GIRLS

BACK TO SCHOOL 2012.