little surprises

We just recently gave our (boxer) dog away so that must be why our little Britley is out lurking around trying to find a "new pet".

She was squirming with delight at her newest pet. A "fly" that she caught and named FLYDO.

I had to grab my camera and capture this moment when I heard her singing a song to FLYDO about how sorry she was for pulling off it's wings. She sang... " I just didn't want you to fly away."

A couple days later she asks...

"Mom, why are flies scared of you?" sooo I said, "Uhh, I don't know maybe because you pull their wings off?! I would be scared of you too! By the way those little species spred nasty deseases so let them fly away!"

I'm guessing she realized this next pet of hers didn't make such a good pet because she asked, “Mom, why do mosquitoes poke you with their nose?”

Although, I like her description better (it sounds less painful) I explained, "It's NOT their little nose poking people, it's a very long mouth part that pierces the skin."

You never know what she is going to bring home next but I love her cute little (thankful for that) surprises!

Comments

kelli said…
Brit I love your sweetness!
Max said…
Cute Lorri. Just checking in. I love all those Halloween pictures...especially the sun in those ones...looks like wheat or something. I LOVE that light!
Max said…
oops, I'm signed in as Max. It's really Shawni.
Andrea said…
Hi Lori! Andrea Brown here from good 'ol 3rd ward back in the day when we served in the primary presidency together. I found your blog through Andi and have peeked a few times. Your photos are beautiful and your children are growning like crazy so gorgeous. It was fun to check in get a blog update. Take care!
Kelly said…
I feel bad for the Fly! He lost his wings! :( I hope your little girlie is feeling better! And I love when Brandon post on our blog, cause it has your picture!!
Anonymous said…
How adorable is she! It's doesn't get much better than that. Loving the little things!
Katie Brady said…
Hey, we love and miss you guys so much. Hope to see you soon and have a happy thanksgiving
Katie Brady said…
Hey, we love and miss you guys so much. Hope you guys have a happy thanksgiving.

Popular posts from this blog

JUST ME AND THE GIRLS

BACK TO SCHOOL 2012.