SCOUT CAMP

It's that time of year again when I send my boys off to scout camp.  

I came across this picture as I was uploading pictures to this blog post.  It's Wesley's scout troop getting ready to leave for camp.  Only he was much younger and with a different group of boys.   I've  realized just how much he's grown. 


Fast forward a couple years and once again he's heading off to scout camp. He will be joining his older brother as they head out toward Lake Powell.  

They are pretty excited!

I dropped them off at the church early in the morning.  They packed up the trailer and were off.

I'm always amazed at how light these boys pack.  Then there's N-A-T-H-A-N who shows up with his luxury items... his inflatable air mattress/cot... pillow...etc.  He might be sleeping out in the middle of no where but he makes sure he is comfortable!

Can you tell how thrilled my boy is that I'm there taking pictures?

Here is the group that will be heading out to scout camp.

Mr. B.T.C. was asked to take his boat up to Lake Powell and spend a couple days with the boys.

We were supposed to be going up to Utah around the same time for a family gathering so we just spent a few days at Lake Powell on the way.  It worked out great because I could check on my two boys while they were camping AND... take pictures of them!


The next photograph is one of my favorites!


Nathan is antsy to drive the boat but will have to wait until the following day when his scout time is over and he's on the Lake with just our family.

These boys were great they pitched in to wipe down the boat after a full day in the sun.



Time to park the boat until morning.

Ok... I've always felt sorry for my boys when they leave to go camping.  Clearly, I've got another story playing in my head than what actually occurs.  These boys ate like kings out there and their sleeping conditions were NICE! They even had showers... AND... electricity to charge their ipods. 

What?!? 

Times have  definitely changed.  I don't remember it being so luxurious when I camped as a youth.  Maybe it's the difference in Missouri camping vs. Arizona camping.

They ate better than we did!

Preparing for dinner.  The menu...steak and potatoes. 

These boys have wonderful leaders!

Wesley showing me where he sleeps.

Line up and say c-h-e-e-s-e! Poor boys... They thought they were far away from cameras and M-O-M-S and then I show up.

They were good sports about it.

And even started to have a little fun with it.



Good-bye boys!  See you in a couple days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JUST ME AND THE GIRLS

BACK TO SCHOOL 2012.