Garden Beauties

About two years ago, I stumbled my way through planting my first outdoor garden.
Somewhere along the way, I learned something about myself that I didn't know...
I l-o-v-e gardening!
There is something so satisfying about planting a tiny seed, watching it grow, and eventually walking outside to pick something fresh for the dinner table.
And because I love a good fresh salad, I've decided...for the very first time, and with a little help from my sister...to plant my own salad garden.
So here we go...
I think it's coming along quite nicely, and I'll admit, watching all these little greens pop up makes me a little giddy.
My son, however, doesn't exactly share my enthusiasm.
After gazing over the garden, he muttered,
"Of all the different things you've planted, nothing in there looks good."
I beg to differ.
Let's just say this poor child is a-b-s-o-l-u-t-e-l-y missing out.
As for the rest of us, we're hoping these little garden beauties can hold their own over the next couple of months.
With any luck, we'll soon be walking outside and picking dinner straight from the garden.
Comments