Extra Special Lunch

I’m leaving town today, so I wanted to put a little something extra in the girls’ lunches. Something that would remind them, right there in the middle of their school day, just how much their momma loves them.

Nothing fancy. Just a momma having a little fun with lunch.

And, of course, Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies (one of their favorites).

Because sometimes “I love you” looks like something out of the ordinary tucked inside a lunchbox.


I’ve included the recipe for anyone who wants to make an extra-special someone a treat.

Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup margarine (I use I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter)
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1 cup Heath bits
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips 

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.

Cream together brown sugar, white sugar, butter, margarine, and vanilla until well combined. Add eggs and mix. Slowly add the flour mixture until combined.

Stir in the semi-sweet and white chocolate chips, followed by the toffee bits.

Drop dough onto a cookie sheet and bake for about 10 minutes.

Cool on a cooling rack.

Makes approximately 2 1/2 dozen cookies.

Comments

chrisy said…
Yummy!!! Ur such a good mama!!

Popular posts from this blog

JUST ME AND THE GIRLS

CALI TRIP