Name on the Board
As we gathered around the ottoman for family prayer last night (our usual spot for prayers, talking, and often lingering together long after prayer was over) our twelve year old son announced, “I have a confession.”
He hung his head low and quietly admitted, “I got my name on the board...and two checks today.”
The usual chatter disappeared. All eyes turned to Mr. B.T.C. as he gave Dawson the chance to explain himself.
Dawson began sharing the details of exactly how his name (and those two little checks) ended up on the board.
I tried my darndest to swallow my giggle and concentrate on being the mature, concerned parent.
I couldn’t.
Neither could anyone else.
Before long, the entire family had burst into laughter. You could almost see the worry disappear from Dawson’s face as he realized his confession had become the entertainment for the evening.
He was off the hook this time.
Only because our little class clown had us laughing too hard to do anything about it.
Something tells me those two checks won’t be his last.
Comments