Little Pink Bundle

Just three short days after our last trip, we were traveling again.

And once again, I found myself at an airport.

Pushing a wheelchair.

Thankfully, this time I had a little experience under my belt and there were no airport mishaps. We were traveling for pleasure and were off to visit some very dear friends.

You know those friends...

The ones you may not see for months...or sometimes years...but when you're together, you pick up right where you left off.

The ones you trust enough to leave your children with while you're out of town. We actually did this about nine years ago and our kids still thought it was the best weekend ever.

The ones who are simply a positive example to follow.

They have "good energy."

Their home feels loving and secure and is filled with laughter, affection and a whole lot of love.

For all of these reasons and many more, it came as no surprise to us that this couple's profile was chosen not once, but twice, by birth mothers looking for adoptive parents. They were already the parents of two beautiful, sweet boys.

And now...

a little pink bundle.

Our trip to Salt Lake was about being there to love and support our friends as they welcomed their third addition to the family.

Watching each of them hold this tiny baby girl was something special. Hearts were bursting and those larger than life smiles said everything that needed to be said.

I loved capturing these pictures.

Isn't she precious?









Of course, while we were there I had to get a few pictures of the boys playing together in the snow.






And on the flight home, naturally, I chose the window seat. The weather changed so quickly along the way that I couldn't resist pulling out my camera.



But my favorite pictures from the weekend will always be the ones of this new little family of five.

Shana, I think you are one terrific mother. I admire and look up to you in so many ways.

Thank you both for allowing us to share such a memorable weekend with your family...and for letting us love on that little pink bundle for a while.

Comments

Whitny said…
Oh my gosh. Shana and Riley. We went to lake power with them last summer. How do you know them? Her sister Katie is a good friend. So cool to see them. What beautiful pictures. Great job. Love love.
shana post said…
Lorri...thank you for being our personal chefs, maids, babysitters. We love you guys and are so grateful for your friendship!

P.S. Avery's pictures are precious!!! You are one talented woman. I don't think there's anything you can't do.

Popular posts from this blog

JUST ME AND THE GIRLS

CALI TRIP