before the break

Did anyone want to throw the covers back over their head when waking up this morning?

I did.

Our spring break went way too fast this year. I let our once rigid routine fade away into a distant memory. It was nice. I enjoyed staying up way too late eating popcorn and watching movies with the kids. It was nice to trade in the homework for long bike rides and walks along the beach (another post).

I suppose it's time to get back to the ol' routine. Darn it!

Before the kids left for break Britley's first grade class got to go on a field trip to the zoo.

Britley begged me to volunteer as one of the chaperons. After looking into her pleading eyes I actually considered it but then came to my senses. I've tried that in the past (her older siblings) and I always end up with a pounding headache from the (what seems to be an eternal) bus ride home. There's always a kid or two or three or four with high pitched, l-o-u-d voices.

I know. I'm pathetic.

I compromised however by telling her I would meet her there and tag along with her class. She happily agreed.

I invited my four year old nephew to come along. Once we got there we set out to find Brit's class.
I spotted my little blonde y right away. I loved watching her interact with friends.
Oh, I must confess that I also let Brit's sister skip school and tag along but only cause she's the biggest animal lover in the family.
Ok... these squirrel monkeys were a favorite to photograph. They have so much personality. They spotted Bree's sack lunch right away and wouldn't take their little eyes off her. One of the zoo keepers had to put the lunch in one of the lockers because I'm pretty certain that it was this little dude who spread the word and had all his little pals starting to gathering around(a bit to close)Breeley.
It didn't seem to bother Bree. She loved it!



All I can say is...very strange looking.

Giraffes have always been one of our favorites.

But I'd have to say the orangutans are at the top of my list. I was geared up and ready to photograph them but unfortunately we weren't able to view them because of construction. I decided to post this photo which was taken from our last trip to the zoo.

You're probably wondering why I photographed a turtle...at the zoo?! Well I thought the reflection was kind of cool.
Massive and scary(especially when he's looking right at you).
Beautiful creature though.
I'll quote Brit on this one..."Looking at this makes you have an eye illusion".
I tried to get my nephew to take a ride. He wasn't interested.
He agreed to ride this one.
I think Isaac's favorite part of the zoo experience was the gift store. No joke. We couldn't get him to leave.
We had to separate from Brit's class at this point because they weren't allowed to go into the gift store.
After looking at all the toys in the gift store this is what he wanted most.
Bree is our stuffed animal queen so she was in heaven.
And a few pics just because.



It was a joy having Bree come to the zoo with us. She wanted her own map and she wanted to be our guide. She did great.


Comments

Carroll Family said…
I have a similar anxiety....Kelcie wanted me to go sooooo bad......but, I had something else. How did you do those last pictures??? I've never seen anything like that before. You take such beautiful pictures!
kelli said…
GREAT PICS AND THX FOR TAKING LITTLE ISAAC!

Popular posts from this blog

JUST ME AND THE GIRLS

BACK TO SCHOOL 2012.