MY BIRTHDAY

I decided to clean out my closet today. 

I'm so glad I did!  I came across a little white piece of paper that was written and torn from a pad of paper in my hotel room.  Although it happened in 2010,  I remember it just like it happened yesterday.

Without getting too sentimental I'll just say that I'm the luckiest girl ever!

Now, back to that piece of paper that I found. I reads...

It's Thursday morning. Although my eyes are not yet opened my mind is racing.

What day is it? Thursday?!?

Cereal day, Easy, I thought.  Ortho. Appt. for boys @ 9am, finish the two loads of laundry not quite finished from yesterday, dance class for the girls tonight. The last thought, scripture study 6am, jolts me into reality as I peer at the clock to make sure I haven't over slept!

As the numbers begin to focus I think, wait a minute...this clock is not my clock... this nightstand is not my nightstand...this bed is not my bed! And then it happened,  I could hear the faint sound of waves in the distance and a smile stretches across my face as I realize I am far from home which means I'm far from all responsibilities.  Mr. B.T.C gently wraps his arms around me and quietly whispers "Happy Birthday!"

My entire body relaxes. My previous thoughts vanish. The only thought running through my mind now is the next three days are going to be much different than usual.

*I remember writing out these thoughts, so I could transfer it to my journal.  Sadly, it never made it to my journal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JUST ME AND THE GIRLS

BACK TO SCHOOL 2012.