when i count my blessings, I count you twice!

Why in the world would I take a picture of my washer and dryer and post it?!?

Because I have a new appreciation for them.

Many are lucky enough to have a washer and dryer in their home. I have always been one of those lucky ones up until about a month ago.

When we sold our home the buyers bought a lot of our furniture. They also bought our washer and dryer.

We had to rent a home for a few weeks (Yes, we moved TWICE) until we could close on our new home. The rental we stayed in had NO washer and dryer. This would be one of those situations in which one might start looking for a local Laundromat (not so easy to find, who knew?)

I'll have to admit, it wasn't so bad at first. I met some real nice folks and the best part was that I had ALL eight loads of laundry... washed, dried, folded and hung on hangers in less than two hours. That would be a record!

It was the 15 minute drive to and from the laundromat AND the loading and unloading of all the laundry that suddenly had me appreciate having a washer/dryer right in my own home.

Now when I wake up on Monday morning and begin my tasks for the day which without fail always include multiple loads of DIRTY laundry staring me in the face...I now smile because I have the help of these two new beauties!

"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." -Author Unknown


Comments

Whitny said…
Yes washer and dryers are amazing. I love ours too. Thank heaven for em.
Where is the new house.?
We are moving too, and moving twice like you. yuck. Oh well. We are going to try and stay in our school district.
Unknown said…
It was fun to see your beautiful new home today!
Michelle said…
Hey!! We want to see some pictures of your new house!!! So exciting!
Kelly said…
I was wondering if you moved in to your new house yet? Were is it @? Im in that neighborhood 3 days a week.. Cause of Rykers pre-school. So maybe I could stop by. His teacher lives on Bonanza Street.
Hope you are all settled in!
Carroll Family said…
AMEN!!!!! Thanks for the text - carpooling has been wonderful this year. I'll miss seeing you guys so much - so glad they'll be at school still. Would love to see your new house!
kelli said…
OK SO IT'S MY TURN TO MOVE...and soooo close to you! EXCITED
I totally relate. We went without the washer and dryer with this move for 3 weeks...no fun, I do appreciate the laundry a lot more now.

Popular posts from this blog

JUST ME AND THE GIRLS

BACK TO SCHOOL 2012.