a new friend

We have new neighbors. Along with the new neighbors came a new friend to play with. This little friend thinks her new home is our home. She waits for us to pull up in the driveway and walks right in (uninvited!). She prances around like she's the queen of the house. This little fur ball has won over the hearts of everyone in our home(especially Bree).


Our little Breeley has always wanted a kitten and this has been a dream or maybe a prayer come true. This little kitten looks identical to the kitten she "found" when visiting my sister this summer...in Utah...while out exploring the neighborhood with her cousins.

She begged, pleaded, and cried for this kitten. I believe we broke our little girls heart when we returned home from our summer vacation...kittyless.

I seriously believe Bree has prayed this cat here. It has been in her daily prayer since we left Utah.

Can I just say that these neighbors have even offered to GIVE us this rescue cat of theirs.

WoW...how nice of them to offer...right in front of our seven year old cat lover.

Terrific!

Oh man, now what?!?

It would be an easy NO WAY! but... I have these big blue eyes begging, pleading, and even crying once again.


These pics were captured after school one day while the girls were out playing with the cat.

First... They watch the cat climb the tree.


Next...They try it out themselves.
This cat seems to consume our second graders thoughts. ALL(no joke) of her spelling/story assignments look similar to this one.Her teacher even thinks she owns a cat.

Just lovely!

I don't know a thing about cats. Do I really want to take on this responsibility? I say "I" because that's who will assume the responsibility when the newness wares off.


Will they scratch up my furniture?

Are they easy to care for?

Is it terrible to DE-claw them?

Do they carry an odor?

Do they shed a lot?

Clearly... the begging, pleading, and crying are causing me to cave. Any opinions would be appreciated before we make our final decision.

Comments

Carroll Family said…
We have the boy version down here - but, don't worry, he's fixed! oh, wait - is this one a boy, I forget. You could just keep him as an outside cat. Ours is in and out and Lafe hates it from April to July because he sheds so much. It's relaxing to me, though, to walk in a room and see him just napping there so comfortable and cute. That's funny that they offered him to you! Good luck - those eyes would be amazingly hard to turn down!!! On the up side - it's not a kitten anymore!
Michelle said…
Awe, Just let her keep the cat, but make it stay outside...they shed alot and its so gross! Super cute pics as always!
CoCo said…
Oh boy!! I said the same thing about a dog, and here we are, exactly one year later...still dog owners. It had taken me this long to love Owen. I can work, but Lord does it take patience!! Never been a cat owner
Huish Family said…
cute. How can you say no to those two sweet little girls?
Melinda said…
I'm not a big pet person, because I HATE shedding, and pet hair gets everywhere.
But I'm not really in a position to say anything. We now have THREE dogs, two turtles, and a gecko...all because I couldn't say no to my own little blue eyed beggars (of course, no way could I capture them in pictures as wonderfully as you have yours).
Good luck!
Anonymous said…
please say you let your baby have they cat. they are so so so easy to care for. best advice to be sure and buy the really good cat food. it makes them super soft, shed less, and their poo not smell so bad (as cheap food will). i've never been a pet person, but after getting a cat i now LOVE cats!! i promise you won't regret it.

Popular posts from this blog

JUST ME AND THE GIRLS

BACK TO SCHOOL 2012.