Nature's Beauty

Watching my garden go from this...

To this...

Has been such a delight.

Well...

At least to me!

What started as a little gardening adventure has turned into one of the most rewarding experiences I've had.

I couldn't have done it without my gardening sister. She patiently taught me a thing or two, and before long I found myself completely caught up in the excitement of planting, watering, waiting, and watching things grow.

That excitement never really went away.

I've discovered that I truly enjoy gardening.

There's something incredibly peaceful about stepping outside in the early morning while the world is still quiet, breathing in the fresh air, and taking in the sights and smells of everything growing in the soil.

It's become one of my favorite ways to start the day.

I suppose I can officially say...

I'm a gardener.

Okay...

That might be stretching it a little.

After all, this is only my first year.

Maybe "beginning gardener" is a little more accurate.

But looking at this harvest...

I'd say it's a pretty good start!

Along the way, my little garden...and my little garden helpers...have taught me a few things:

  • Sometimes you have to get a little dirty before you see any results.

  • Garden gloves are worth every penny. (Dirty fingernails, green hands, and tiny thorn pokes are not my favorite!)

  • I'll never look at a growing plant the same way again. So much work goes into every flower, fruit, and vegetable.

  • You have to give before you receive. Water, time, patience, and care always come before the harvest.

And the very best lesson of all?

Garden-fresh vegetables are deeeeelicious!

Who knew a little patch of dirt could teach so many lessons?

and the best thing I've learned....GARDEN FRESH IS DEEELISH!

Comments

Whitny said…
I totally agree. We started a garden this year too. It has been so much fun. Very satisfying. Everything looks so beautiful from your garden. Love the pics.
Clint & Janet said…
Beautiful, beautiful!!!!
Lori said…
Gorgeous!! .... and it still looks so green! Ours isn't quite that green anymore but we are getting some great tomatoes. You ARE a FABULOUS gardener, Lorri!

Popular posts from this blog

JUST ME AND THE GIRLS

CALI TRIP