The kids are with us even when their not

My Nephew pleaded with his mother to let my THREE boys stay for a sleepover since there would be no school. (Martin Luther King Jr. Day) She agreed! How nice. I mean after having five kids, when one of 'em leave you realize how much quieter it gets around the house. Can you imagine what three absent children would produce?

Within minutes I got a call from my mother-n-law and held my breath. Could she be asking for my TWO daughters to stay over night? I mean, there is no school tomorrow, Right? Sure enough! She was on her way and the girls were excited as ever and had already packed. (Did I mention that I love Martin Luther King Jr. Day?)

Within minutes the house was totally quiet and the sun was still shining. A Miracle Indeed!

Did I call my husband, knowing he would be home from work early with this news? Uh, No! I was totally selfish and spent my alone time…

TAKING A BUBBLE BATH
PAINTING MY TOENAILS (way overdue)
READING
EDITING PHOTOS

And I just allowed my hubby to be pleasantly surprised when he came through the back door. It’s been years (pre-kids) since we were in our own home alone. We enjoyed a nice quiet dinner. My food was still warm when I took a bite. Clean up took only seconds. Ahh, peace and quiet right?

After dinner I headed off to my room. This happens to be our favorite place in the house. We love to crawl into our love nest (bed) and watch our favorite taped shows, talk, and just be together and enjoy each others company.

I was brushing my teeth and going through the usual, get ready for bed routine when I heard my husband call from the other end of the house. He sounded unusually frustrated and had a slightly raised voice. So, I responded, “What’s wrong?” Thinking the worst cause this guy rarely gets upset. Of all the things I dreamed up I would have never guessed this one. He responded in that frustrated and slightly raised voice, “NOTHING! Just one of our children taking after their mother!”

OK, so now I was interested! I dropped what I was doing and found him down the hall in the guest bathroom. He was obviously ticked, so I asked “Honey, what’s wrong?” He then lowered the toilet lid and written with a SHARPIE MARKER (hence the anger) it read... No Yousing



I instantly caught on. I laughed so hard. Not only was the spelling cute, but if you knew my husband, you would know that the house could be on fire or even the world could be coming to an end and he would remain as calm as a monk, but heaven forbid if someone writes on the toilet seat with a sharpie! I clearly thought this was a whole lot funnier than he did.

Breeley, being my little helper, noticed that the toilet was clogged and decided to write a quick note to her fellow live-INS.

Yes, I had done that very thing several months back using a dry erase marker, but only after having no luck when my husband had plunged and a plumber even visited with a plumber's snake . It was a mystery and remained clogged. My children kept using it even after I pleaded with them several times to use one of the other 4 toilets around the house. Finally, after much complaining, my husband completely removed the toilet from its base to find Mr. NEMO, the toy fish to be the culprit!

No worries, the Sharpie Marker came right off with an eraser (who knew? Thanks Leah)

Now, back to our favorite room in the house for some peace and quiet.

Comments

Kelly said…
That is a great Story! I love it! How lucky to have no kids for a night! I would love MLK day too!
Anonymous said…
LOL But before crawling in Bed. Lorri being the thoughful person she is grabbed that camera for a quick memory shot. Love it. Thanks for sharing it. Love you all. Tell Brit I think she's a great helper and I hope my kids help me like she did someday!
jackie said…
dang you lorri, i can't come to your blog, i am too pregnant/hormonal/sentimental right now and i started missing your little fam so much it's makin me cry. you guys look great, hope all is well!
kelli said…
lUv YoU GuYs, yOu mAkE mE lAuGh!
Shawni said…
Oh I'm drooling thinking about having my house to myself for a night. Boy howdy that'd be so awesome.

I'm so glad the sharpie came off!

Love all the pictures...
Lori said…
Too funny, Lorri! .... and how nice to have some alone time! You deserve it!!
CoCo said…
lol! Love it! Can't stop laughing!!!
sherry boles~ said…
Hmmm...That sharpie thing sounds totally like something that would happen at my house! I'm glad you got a shot of that to remember it...Priceless! :)

Popular posts from this blog

JUST ME AND THE GIRLS

BACK TO SCHOOL 2012.