THE DAY HAS ARRIVED

This is the day we have all been waiting for. My son is officially a real life head to toe missionary.  He is such an independent kid.  In my mind I thought, "no biggie, it's only two years.  This kid is so prepared and will do amazing things!"  I felt nothing but pure joy and excitement, and then... right smack in the middle of the airport terminal... he gave his final hugs... and... I. fell. completely. apart. and so did Mr. B.T.C.

Every possible emotion that a human could feel I felt in that very moment. The realization that...

-I couldn't just pick up the phone and dial him at any given moment.

-We wouldn't have one on one conversations

- I couldn't hear his voice

- We wouldn't be scheduling luncheons at Pei Wei for TWO WHOLE YEARS!

It all sunk in at once and the tears begin to flow.  They flowed and flowed and flowed.  When he walked away looking over his shoulder for that one final glance and kiss that was blown in my direction, I melted right into Mr. B.T.C's arms.  We held each other, cried and watched our son disappear into the crowd of people.

No words can adequately describe what it's like for a mother to have her first leave the nest. I miss him terribly, but know in my heart he will do great things while serving the people of Canada. He has agreed to update me on his P-days, so all updates will be found on his missionary blog at www.nathanmissionbound.blogspot.com


Elder Nathan Craig from Lorri Craig on Vimeo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JUST ME AND THE GIRLS

BACK TO SCHOOL 2012.