RESPONSIBILITY CHART



I've decided to get rid of the old responsibility charts.
I made new ones.
  I like these better because MARKERS are no longer needed.
The kids just slide magnets over when their responsibility is completed.

*I bought the magnet boards at Rod Works for $15.00 each.
(Since I've posted this I've had several friends interested in the magnet boards.  I've checked Rod Works  and they've sold out.  I've contacted the manufacturer of the boards and will be placing an order.  If you'd like to be added to the list just let me know).

* I ordered vinyl lettering from Heidi.  She owns a vinyl lettering company called SHIRT JUNKIE.
Contact information: www.etsy.com/shop/shirtjunkie or heidi@ryanmanor.com
or you can contact me for a phone number.

* I ordered the custom magnets (small 1 1/4 inch round) from HERE

* The smiley face magnets were made from supplies bought at Hobby Lobby.
(Smiley face magnets- put on your chart by one of your siblings when you are caught doing a kind act.  Whoever has the most smiley faces at the end of the week gets a special surprise from Mom(treasure box item).

* Small clear magnets are also made from supplies at Hobby Lobby and each one represents fifty cents.  These are earned if you decide to do a chore around the house.  These are traded in for cash at the end of the week. Chores are done by choice not force.  It is, however, the only way to earn pocket change when kids want to go to a movie, lunch, or skate park with friends on the weekend. 

* The small circles at the top of the chart represent each day of the week.  At the end of the day if  ALL of your magnets are moved to the DONE side of the chart you select the small letter (example: S for Saturday) for the given day of week and slide it to the bottom of the chart.  At the end of the week whoever has done (the most letters representing the days of the week)their responsibilities everyday all week gets a cash prize. 
Being part of a family brings with it the opportunity to learn responsibility.  I just wanted to pass along what has motivated our children to help keep our home clean, neat and humming along smoothly.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Love it! I am just going to have to copy this!
THanks.

Popular posts from this blog

JUST ME AND THE GIRLS

BACK TO SCHOOL 2012.