update January 2011

This new month (January) of this new year(2011) hasn't exactly started off with a bang. I say that for a number of reasons...

Number ONE. We didn't ring in the new year with any noisy celebrations, fireworks, or even decorations. We simply went out for a nice quiet dinner with my sister and her husband. It was lovely!

We sent our house full of children over to their energetic party going Aunt Kelli and Uncle Will's house who were delighted to party the night away.

We preferred a quieter evening at home, in bed, sleeping (Pretty humdrum right?)but it really was nice!

Number Two. No New Year's resolution here. My New Year's resolution is usually not to make one. Let me explain... Usually the New Year inspires reinvention. I'm not one to wait around until the New Year to start the reinvention process. If I think of it today, I usually begin today! I've never been much of a procrastinator.

Number Three. The flu season is in full swing around our home. I got so sick I ended up in the E.R. dehydrated and feeling as if the life and wellness I had once known had literally been sucked right out of me. Only to find out that I had tested positive for Influenza A. Apparently I'm a wimp!

Just two short days after the E.R. experience I ended up in urgent care because of fever blisters that started spreading across my upper lip, left side of face, right nostril, and right ear. It was quite the sight. Let's just say everyone I confronted leaped for their hand sanitizer. No offence was taken though. I would have done the same thing! I'll spare you the visual.

Number Four. Mr B.T.C's annual snowboarding/snowmobiling trip ended abruptly due to the shredding of the cartilage in his left knee. He also ended up in the hospital undergoing surgery. Let's just say between the two of us we were able to meet our annual deductible before January ended.

Number Five. I found a scorpion in my house. Not good! Let's just hope it wasn't living in my house. I'm assuming it crawled right out of that nice painters "stuff" while he was here painting and doing a few repairs for me. Yes, that has to be it!

By the way why the heck are they still out and about during the winter?!?

No, this new year hasn't exactly caused me to jump up and dance. Better luck next month, eh?

I might be late posting but still.. Happy New Year!

Comments

Carroll Family said…
Sheesh! Hope you can stay out of the ER the rest of the year!!!

Popular posts from this blog

JUST ME AND THE GIRLS

BACK TO SCHOOL 2012.