favorite article


During these cool winter days you'll find me nestled up in front of the fire place. It's my new favorite place to be.

My boy captured this photo of me sitting in the very spot I'm referring to while I was reading "My favorite Ensign Article" out of the January 2011 Ensign.

Readers were invited to share articles that had touched their lives in some way. I thoroughly enjoyed this article and couldn't help but take a moment and think about which article could be worthy of being called my favorite.

I pondered quietly and recalled an article that had a personal impact on my life and had blessed me in such a way that literally warmed my soul.

I read it exactly one year ago "How can I develop and Increase in Compassion?" (December 2009) . I was so moved by President Dieter F. Uchtdorfs quote "Disciples of Christ throughout all ages of the world have been distinguished by their compassion... In the end, the number of prayers we say may contribute to our happiness, but the number of prayers we answer may be of even greater importance. Let us open our eyes and see the heavy hearts, notice the loneliness and despair; let us feel the silent prayers of others around us, and let us be an instrument in the hands of the Lord to answer those prayers."

These words spoke to my heart. When I completed my studies for the day I remember finding a quiet place to kneel in prayer. I asked Heavenly Father to help me recognize someone who might be in need.

Later that very day the answer came through the whisperings of the Spirit. The name that came was one of my sons Jr. High teachers. The challenge in this was that I knew absolutely nothing about this man or his family. I immediately called my husband and explained my experience. He was touched and without hesitation he was on board to help.

We felt prompted to help out during the fast approaching Holiday season. An anonymous gift was delivered to the school with a small white label reading only the teachers name.

Without any prior knowledge to making the delivery we learned that this teacher's vehicle had just broken down and he had recently lost his home.

There is no doubt that someone from up above was looking out for this particular family. It has been one of the most rewarding experiences Mr. B.T.C. and I have shared.

If we have the desire I KNOW we can be an instrument in the hands of the Lord to answer the silent prayers of those around us.

I'm afraid I would not have even thought to pray for another on this particular day if I hadn't read this article.

I'm grateful for these wonderful magazines that uplift and inspire.

Comments

Tracey said…
Loved this post... Thank you for sharing. What an inspiring story! You guys are awesome.
Kelly said…
You inspire me. My enisign and friend subscription has been out for a few months now.. Maybe longer. Every day I tell myself i need to renew it. and I have not. So Today I am!! I need the inspiration that comes from our prophets words. I love this story you shared. You guys are so amazing to help others out. It reminds me of the Christmas Jar book. Bless you guys!

Popular posts from this blog

JUST ME AND THE GIRLS

BACK TO SCHOOL 2012.