moving on

A house, turned into our home...then turned over to someone else.

Yep, we moved!We've been in our home for seven years and decided it was time for a change so we sold our home located at the end of Lines Lane.

I'd like to say it was no big deal, but I can't. It was a BIG deal. To my surprise on "moving day" I learned just how attached I've become to this place.

As the movers carried out the last load of boxes, I found myself standing in this big empty house and reality hit. We're really moving! I suddenly felt a flood of emotions all at once.

I was excited about the new house we would make home. Although our life wouldn't change dramatically I felt a little anxiety about the unknown. My heart ached as I thought about the ward I was leaving behind. A ward full of people I've grown to love. Teachers, leaders and friends who have contributed in strengthening, enriching and making each member of our family a little better.

As I scanned the room one last time my eyes fixed on the big picture window located in the family room. As I peered into the backyard (one of our most favorite places) a smile swept across my face as I thought of our "family time" out there. Sitting in a big circle while playing UNO cards on the trampoline, an afternoon family swim, a family night of basketball or volleyball on the sports court, setting up the tent and piling in with our flashlights. Suddenly I realized just how much I'd miss this place.
Before leaving I returned to my closet where many prayers have been offered and I thanked my Heavenly Father for this house that held so many precious memories.

As anyone who has experienced it knows, moving to a new home can be exciting. I'm excited!

Comments

Michelle said…
I want to see pictures of your new house! Congrats on your upcoming adventure!
Unknown said…
I totally understand what you feel. I also just moved into a new house. My husband and I finally moved out of the apartment that we had for years and bought a house that we can turn into a home. :) congratulations on the move!
Carroll Family said…
Sad to see you go but excited for you, too! I LOVE your old backyard - it's amazing!!! We'll miss running into your kids on the street, but glad we'll still see them at school.
dustin and amy said…
I just wanted to let you know how much I have learned by knowing you. I know it's selfish but I'm most sad that I won't get to hear your insight at church. You've strengthened me in the short time I've known you and I THANK YOU for that. I'm grateful to have been able to serve with you and learn from you. Thank goodness for blogs, I'm glad we can still keep in touch. Can't wait to see your new house!
Becky Lamb said…
Congratulations on the move. It sounds like you are still in Gilbert is that right? I love to see the photos of your kids; I just loved your girls so much. Panama has been a good move for us. The kids are gaining a whole new outlook on life. We visit an orphanage every Friday and boy does it make you appreciate all that you have been blessed with. Even in the bad times we have so much to be thankful for. Good luck with everything. Becky

Popular posts from this blog

JUST ME AND THE GIRLS

BACK TO SCHOOL 2012.