Thanksgiving

Our Thanksgiving experience started with packing up the car and traveling to Utah to visit family. Somehow in the back of my mind I knew that while traveling such a distance with several little bodies packed in the car we were bound to experience a little
unpleasantness along the way. I was right. Out of no where one child felt the need to barf. I was grateful for the zip lock bag I keep tucked away in the glove box "just in case". We also encountered the typical bickering that occurs among siblings. We nipped that one right in the bud. I wasn't about to listen to 11 hrs of petty quarreling. If anyone in the car was caught being negative they had to sing a song ALL alone, out loud, to a radio song which was selected by me. I took my job seriously and selected only the most fitting songs for my punishees. It was NOT a desirable experience especially when our teenage son had to sing along with Miley Cyrus. It did however make for some pretty good laughs since our family(with the exception of Dawson) can't hold a tune worth a darn! It was pretty miraculous how quickly the quarreling vanished.

The drive wasn't too bad thanks to the ample supply of hand-held video games, ipods, cell phones, movie and laptop screens all being played simultaneously.

As we reached our destination the kids were bursting with anticipation to see cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents. We stayed for seven days and the whole trip seemed a blur as every second was packed with activities and excitement. It was nice just being together as family. And it was REAL nice that some of the cousins were finally old enough to be "babysitters" which allowed for some adult time and fine dining.
Our activities included eating(a ton), staying up late playing cards and board games. We watched movies, hiked, visited Thanksgiving point, skied and of course the boys snow boarded. The girls however shopped, shopped, and shopped some more. I haven't been out on a Black Friday in years. Boy was that fun! I love being with my sisters. We make great shopping buddies and shared only the best tips in hair, make-up, and fashion.

I love being together as a family during the Holidays. We enjoyed every bit of it!

Comments

Carroll Family said…
Looks REALLY fun!!! I love your punishment for arguing- I'll have to remember that!!!!! Jamie might argue on purpose, though - the kids try and get her to stop singing :)
Lorri said…
Dawson WAS a stinker on purpose a couple times just so he could get in a solo or two. Not considered a very good PUNISHMENT if you are blessed with a good voice.
kelli said…
We LOVED having your family with us! Looking forward to seeing you SOON!

Popular posts from this blog

JUST ME AND THE GIRLS

BACK TO SCHOOL 2012.