A DAY TREASURED




There are a few moments that occur in life that as a mother you know will be treasured throughout all of eternity and this was one of those.  Our oldest son Nathan received his patriarchal blessing on Sunday, February 16, 2014.  

He went to his bishop and scheduled an interview without me even knowing.  As a matter of fact, I didn't even know that this special appointment was scheduled until the day of.  This is pretty typical of Nathan.  He's extremely independent and does most things on his own.  

A wave of emotion seemed to rush over me as he announced that later that evening he would be receiving this special blessing and requested that both his father and I be present. I was overcome with joy knowing that receiving inspired direction from the Lord at this very time in his life was a priority.  Although it is too sacred to freely share what personal counsel the Lord had for him, I will share some of the thoughts that ran through my mind as I sat with tears streaming down my face while listening. 

I felt blessed beyond measure for the sacred responsibility I've been given to be this boys earthly mother and for the opportunity to raise such a unique, strong and noble son of God. As his past, present and future were laid out before him, I felt a sense of peace and calmness as I realized that this once boy, now young man will make it this world and be strong, valiant, and righteous in the process.  

At times you find yourself in places where the Spirit can be felt so strong and this was one of those occasions.  At one point during this experience the veil felt just a little thinner and a thought ran through my mind that the time we spent with our Father in Heaven (pre-mortal life) prior to coming to this earthly life felt more real than this current state of mortality that I am living in.  As a matter of fact it felt as if this life was more like the dream and that our pre mortal life was more real.  

I'm grateful to have this precious memory!  It will take it's place in the most sacred chambers of my soul.   I love the gospel of Jesus Christ and feel very fortunate to know that I am a daughter of God and have been given the very special responsiblity of raising and teaching my children to pattern their lives after the Saviors, so that they will be blessed with guidance, comfort, and protection.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JUST ME AND THE GIRLS

BACK TO SCHOOL 2012.