White Christmas
Our Christmas vacation officially began on Christmas Eve when we boarded a plane headed for Utah, hoping to find a little snow waiting for us.
We found it.
And then some.
The snow kept falling throughout much of our twelve day stay, giving us exactly the kind of white Christmas we had hoped for.
Looking through these pictures, it might seem like I had my camera attached to me the entire trip.
Surprisingly, I didn't.
I only pulled it out of the bag twice in twelve days.
And you know what?
It was kind of nice.
I would have loved a few pictures of the kids skiing, but this year I decided to leave the camera behind, put on my own skis, and join them.
We hit the slopes on Christmas Day and couldn't have picked a better time to go. There were hardly any crowds, no long lift lines, and we skied all day.
Next on our list...
Tubing at Soldier Hollow.

We bundled everyone up from head to toe, and once you're dressed warmly enough, you can stay outside for hours.
So that's exactly what we did.
Up the hill.
Down the hill.
Again.
And again.
And again.
Then came...














There are parts of this trip I didn't photograph.
Christmas Day on the slopes.
The chairlift rides.
The conversations.
The little in-between moments that happened while my camera was tucked safely inside its bag.
I love photographs. I always will.
But every once in a while, it's nice to simply tuck the camera away and be right there in the middle of it all.
Twelve days.
Lots of snow.
Skiing, tubing, sledding, and snowmobiling.
And my favorite people all together.
We thoroughly enjoyed our White Christmas.
We love getting away as a family, but more than anything, I love the time it gives us together.
Lots of excitement.
Lots of laughter.
And plenty of memories.









































Comments