It May Be Too Cold to Swim... But the Water Still Beckons

Our backyard swimming pool was much too cold to swim in.

I told the kids, "No! It's too cold to even dip your toes in."

Of course, they insisted.

So I finally thought, Why not? They'll figure it out for themselves.

Off they scurried to dust off the beach bag, grab a stack of towels, and squeeze themselves into last season's swimsuits.

It didn't take long before they were swimming like little guppies.

I watched from the sidelines as they splashed, laughed, and played as if it were the middle of July instead of a chilly afternoon.

Then I heard it...

With slightly blue lips and tiny bodies shivering from head to toe, they shouted,

"Mom! The water feeeeeelz great!"

Children have a remarkable way of reminding us that joy isn't determined by perfect conditions.

Sometimes all it takes is a little imagination, a little determination...

...and water that's only freezing to the grown-ups.





Comments

Anonymous said…
Doesn't look like it took them too long to figure it out on their own. Love you guys. Great Choice MOM another cute story for the blog
Kelly said…
Kids dont care about cold water! Soon enough it will be HOT outside.. like this week!! Hope you guys are great !
That is so funny, I am cold just looking at the pictures!!!
Michelle said…
Addisyn says now she wants to go swimming too~ Looks like fun!

Popular posts from this blog

JUST ME AND THE GIRLS

CALI TRIP