Searching for Answers

Wow! Time flies.

Life has been busy around here, and as you can see, blogging has slipped a little farther down my priority list. I've got lots of catching up to do.

I've also been dealing with some health issues that have made the last little while especially challenging. I kept getting recurring UTIs, sometimes only weeks apart, and despite seeing doctors and having test after test, we still couldn't seem to figure out why.

The good news was that everything kept coming back "looking good."

The frustrating part was...

I didn't feel good.

So we kept searching for answers.

And by we, I really do mean we.

My sweet husband took this on almost as personally as I did. He researched. He asked questions. He searched for specialists. At one point he looked at me and said,

"I'll fly you to the other side of the world if I have to, to find a doctor who can help you."

He loves me.

There were moments when we thought perhaps we'd finally figured things out, only to discover later that we still had more searching to do.

Looking back, I wish I could wrap this post up with a neat little ending and say this was the moment everything was resolved.

It wasn't.

The UTIs continue, and it seems that finding answers will be a much longer road than I'd like to admit.

But there's something from this season that I don't want to forget.

I'm not searching alone.

I have a husband beside me who is just as determined as I am to keep looking until we find answers.

And sometimes, when you're in the middle of something difficult and don't yet know how the story ends, having someone willing to search right alongside you is a pretty wonderful thing.

Comments

Carroll Family said…
I had no idea you were so sick - how very frustrating!!! I'm SO glad they figured it out!
BobulousBelly said…
Hey Lorri did you get diagnosed with interstitial cystitis? My mom has suffered with UTIs since she was a little girl and that is what they diagnosed her with, but I am curious in other diagnosises because they really don't know how to help people with IC and so my mom continues to suffer. Any input on this would be great.

Popular posts from this blog

JUST ME AND THE GIRLS

CALI TRIP