Into the Word a Little More


Today I've reached one of those time-dictated moments in life.

My oldest child is starting his freshman year of high school.

My youngest is starting first grade.

All-day school.

Which means, for the first time in a very long time, I will be home during the day without any of my little ones about me.

Wow.

This feels a bit foreign.

I'm not sure I like it.

All I can think about is how there is no turning back. No second chance to live those little years again. I've spent so much of my life preparing them for this very thing, and now suddenly...here we are.

I've had the marvelous privilege of teaching them, learning alongside them, and watching each of them become their own little person.

And now it's time to send them out into the world a little more.

I pray that through their experiences at home, they've come to understand the importance of preparing themselves spiritually and personally...that they'll have the strength to face the temptations, disappointments, and discouragements that simply come with being human.

But more than anything, I hope they know who they are.

Because this isn't only the end of something.

It's the beginning.

The beginning of opportunities to learn, to grow, to make good friends, to serve, to influence others for good, and eventually, to make their own difference in the world.

So, to my kids...

I will miss having you around me during the day more than you probably realize. But I know you're ready.

And I suppose it's time I share you a little.

The world deserves the chance to know you too.

I'll be right here waiting when you get home...

with an after-school snack, of course.

I love you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JUST ME AND THE GIRLS

CALI TRIP