A Smiling Face Is Always Beautiful
This week was school picture week.
Like moms everywhere, I made sure shirts were neatly pressed, hair was combed just right, and everyone walked out the door looking their very best.
Before they left, I gave each of them one simple reminder:
"Give the photographer your very best smile!"
Not because I couldn't wait to fill another picture frame...
But because this would be the one photograph that would forever represent them in this year's school yearbook.
I've always appreciated the job Lifetouch does.
The only thing I've never loved is ordering picture packages before ever seeing the photographs.
I'm much more of a look first... then choose my favorites kind of girl.
So while the kids were at school smiling for the official photographer...
I was at home getting ready for a portrait session of my own.
When they walked through the front door that afternoon, I had one announcement waiting for them.
"That was just practice. Now it's time for the real photo session!"
When I look back at photographs years from now...
I'll be looking into those familiar little faces.
Those genuine smiles.
Those sparkling eyes.
Those personalities that make each one of them so wonderfully unique.
That's what I want to remember.
Thank you, my sweet kids, for patiently smiling for Mom one more time.
Thank you for letting your natural charm shine through.
And thank you for giving me another year's worth of priceless memories to treasure.
2009–2010 School Portraits... lovingly taken by Mom.
Comments