All "Dolled Up" with a Pocket Full of Birthday Wishes
How has it already been six years?
It seems like just yesterday I was lying in a hospital bed, holding my newborn baby and soaking up every second, knowing she would be my last.
I remember looking at her tiny face and wishing I could somehow slow time down.
And now...
She's six.
Like every mom before me, I find myself asking,
"Where has the time gone?"
Watching her grow has been one of life's greatest blessings.
She's growing taller.
She's growing wiser.
And she's never short on making us laugh.
Just last week she asked if she was so smart because she'd been eating so many Smarties.
Naturally, she concluded that must be the reason.
I absolutely love her sweet little observations.
She has a smile that brightens every room...
Kisses that melt your heart...
And a heart overflowing with love.
This year she also had a pocket full of birthday wishes.
Thankfully, her birthday fell over Labor Day weekend, giving us the perfect opportunity to make a few of those wishes come true.
Wish #1
A trip to the American Girl Place in Los Angeles.
She had been dreaming about it for so long, and seeing the excitement on her face made every mile worth the drive.
It was definitely a day to remember.
I'm also pretty sure it's a good thing the boys came along...
We needed the extra muscle to help carry everything!
Wish #2
Cheesecake.
Simple.
Delicious.
Birthday-approved.
Wish #3
The beach.
(That adventure deserves a post all of its own.)
There's something so special about celebrating birthdays—not because of the presents or the cake, but because they remind us just how quickly these little people are growing.
Every year feels like it passes a little faster than the one before.
Happy 6th Birthday, sweetheart.
We love your happy heart, your sweet spirit, and the joy you bring to our family.
May all your birthday wishes continue to come true.
Comments