When I Count My Blessings, I Count You Twice!
Because I have a whole new appreciation for them.
I've always been lucky enough to have a washer and dryer right in my own home. That is, until about a month ago.
When we sold our house, the buyers purchased quite a bit of our furniture...and our washer and dryer went right along with it.
Since our new house wasn't quite ready, we rented a home for a few weeks while we waited to close.
Yes, we moved TWICE.
And wouldn't you know it... the rental had NO washer and dryer.
With seven people in the family, laundry doesn't exactly take a vacation just because you're between houses. So off I went in search of a local laundromat...which, by the way, wasn't nearly as easy to find as I thought it would be. Who knew?
I'll admit, it wasn't so bad at first. I met some really nice people, and there was one unexpected perk: I managed to get all EIGHT loads washed, dried, folded, and hung on hangers in less than two hours.
That has to be some kind of record!
But after a few trips, it was the 15-minute drive there and back, along with loading eight loads of laundry into the car... unloading them... and then loading everything back up again, that had me looking at my old washer and dryer in an entirely new light.
I had never really thought about what a luxury it was to throw a load in whenever I wanted.
Now I know.
So when Monday morning rolls around and I begin my usual tasks for the day, which, without fail, include multiple loads of DIRTY laundry staring me in the face...I smile.
Because now I have the help of these two new beauties sitting just a few steps away.
Funny how going without something for a little while can make you so grateful for something you hardly noticed before.
Turns out, I'm pretty thankful for my washer and dryer.
Who knew?!
“Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”
—Author Unknown
Comments
Where is the new house.?
We are moving too, and moving twice like you. yuck. Oh well. We are going to try and stay in our school district.
Hope you are all settled in!