Little Punk

Summer always seems to disappear far too quickly.

Before long, beach days, lake trips, and lazy afternoons will be replaced with backpacks, homework, and packed lunches.

As much as I hate to admit it, it was probably time to ease everyone back into a school routine.

(Ugh... I love late-night movies and sleeping in.)

So I dusted off the old math flash cards, hoping to get a few brain cells firing again before school started.

The kids...

Well...

Let's just say they weren't nearly as excited about my brilliant plan as I was.

Seeing the disappointment on their faces, I decided to make it a little more fun.

I handed Dawson one of those yellow plastic multiplication charts (you know the ones I'm talking about) and gave him a few simple instructions:

  1. Go find your sister.

  2. Practice the multiples of three.

  3. Use that wonderfully creative mind of yours to come up with a fun learning game.

  4. Have fun while learning.

  5. I'll come check on you in a little while.

Simple enough, right?

That gave me a chance to spend some time with the older kids.

A little while later, I went to see how my two youngest students were doing.

This is what I found:

  • One very terrified little sister.

  • Arms crossed over her face for protection.

  • One smiling older brother.

  • A Nerf gun...

  • Foam darts flying through the air.

Poor Bree looked up at me with the saddest little face and said,

"I don't like getting shot at."

Naturally, I asked Dawson what in the world was going on.

Without missing a beat, the little punk proudly explained,

"We're having fun! Every time she gets one wrong... I shoot her."

Apparently, this was his version of positive reinforcement.

Note to self:

Never let the creative kid be the teacher.


Way to destroy the smile.

Comments

Michelle said…
That is hilarious!!! Bet she'll learn them real quick!
kelli said…
SO FUNNY! I'm laughing out loud about this one! LOVE and MISS YOU ALL!
chrisy said…
Dang, that kids funny. Me and mom are still laughing.... :)
Anonymous said…
I'm sorry but that is one of the funniest things ever!! Cute kids.

Popular posts from this blog

JUST ME AND THE GIRLS

CALI TRIP