Home
I've been gone for a while.
A very long while.
Vacationing in Utah.
As much as I love going on vacation, I think I love coming home just as much.
There's something about returning home that awakens a deep appreciation for the life I get to live every day.
It's good to be reminded of that every once in a while.
As I walked back into my normal routine, I realized just how many little things I had missed.
I love that first hug and kiss from my husband after being apart.
I love catching up with him on the drive home from the airport.
I love turning onto our street and knowing we're almost there.
I love seeing our home after being away.
I love that my husband cleaned the house before we got home.
I love discovering the little surprises he left for me throughout the house.
I love unpacking my suitcase and settling back into my familiar routine.
I love having my whole closet again instead of living out of a suitcase.
I love sleeping in my own bed.
I love sleeping next to my husband again.
I love opening my kitchen drawers and realizing just how many tools I have that I missed while I was away.
I love relaxing in the pool with the kids.
I love all of it...
Because it's home.
Don't get me wrong, I loved our vacation, too. (More on that later.)
But there's something comforting about returning to the people, the routines, and the place that make life feel familiar.
Sometimes you have to leave home to remember just how much you love it.
Today, my heart is full of gratitude for this home we've built and this sweet little family I get to share it with.
I hope I never take either one for granted.
A little note to my husband...
Thank you for making home such a wonderful place to come back to.
No matter where I travel, my favorite place will always be wherever we're together.
Comments