The Toothless Grin

Losing that very first tooth can be a traumatic experience for some children.

Not for our little angel.

She couldn't have been more excited!

To her, this wasn't just a lost tooth.

It was proof that she was no longer the baby of the family.

At five years old, she officially considered herself a big girl, especially since she could already see her grown-up tooth beginning to peek through.

She spent the entire day grinning from ear to ear, proudly showing everyone the tiny space where her little tooth used to be.

But the best part?

Waiting for the sun to go down.

Tonight was the night the Tooth Fairy would make her magical visit.

She carefully tucked her tiny tooth beneath her pillow, hoping the Tooth Fairy would find it and leave behind a little surprise.

Along with a very modest amount of money, she also found this special letter waiting for her...

Dear Britley, 
Wow, what a tooth! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it. You have done such a wonderful job taking care of your teeth. I think it was the whitest and brightest tooth I picked up all week! 
Keep up the terrific work. I was so excited to come and pick up your very first tooth. Now that you've lost one, the others will soon follow. You are getting so big, and your grown-up teeth are on their way. 
Be sure to keep brushing! 
I'll be back before you know it 
Until then, have a magical time! 
Love,
The Tooth Fairy  

Childhood is filled with moments like these...

Moments when a tiny little tooth can make a little girl feel like she's growing up overnight.

And somehow, watching that excitement is almost as magical for a mom as it is for the child. 

Comments

dustin and amy said…
She lost it!!! She showed me at Kelli's shower that it was really loose. Congrats Brit, on becoming a big girl!
Michelle said…
Whoooaaa!! Finally Brit!!

Popular posts from this blog

JUST ME AND THE GIRLS

CALI TRIP