Photography Gone Wild

A trip to the local zoo is reason enough to bring my camera along.

This time, though, I experienced the zoo through the lens of my camera in a way I never had before.

There is something wonderful about reaching a stage of motherhood where your hands are no longer occupied pushing a stroller, changing diapers, or preparing bottles. Instead of leading the way, I simply got to follow my children as they explored.

What a gift that was.

I loved watching them discover the animals with the same curiosity and excitement they've always had, only now they were old enough to wander, ask questions, and enjoy the experience without needing to be carried from one exhibit to the next.

It made me realize how quickly the seasons of motherhood change.

On this beautiful day, I soaked in everything...the perfect weather, the incredible animals, the laughter of my children, and the sweet company of my sister and her children.

Of course, I couldn't resist capturing it all with my camera.

Here are just a few of my favorite photographs from our wild day at the zoo.























The favorite activity of the day was challenging each others speed











This little dude just couldn't sit still and enjoy the ride.
Each time around was a different pose.

Comments

Kim said…
We're going to the zoo here in Seattle tomorrow and suddenly I don't think it's worth bringing my camera after seeing your pics!
Anonymous said…
LOL Love the pix. I'm thinking it would be more of a challenge to go on a Safari and get those great pix of the Animals and the kids. Loving the pix. Lorri your talent is amazing. Love ya all! xxx's from MO.
dustin and amy said…
Love, Love, Love the pictures! What a fun day.
candice said…
Wow...amazing pics. Of the kids & the animals. I love the one of the giraffe looking right into the camera. He's cute. :)

Looks like a super fun day.
CoCo said…
Wow! Great pics! Looks like you had a great time.
Andrea said…
WOW!!! Those are fantastic photos. The Zoo should pay you to do new website and printwork for them. I'd drive days to see animals like that. They look close enough to touch and happy to be there. I bow down again, in deference to your talents, and I love you for sharing so readily with the rest of us.
Anonymous said…
Lorri you do a amazing job!
What a awesome talent!
Sean W said…
Great eye Lori. I love the way you think for your shots.
Sean

Popular posts from this blog

JUST ME AND THE GIRLS

CALI TRIP