SIONO
Hi ALL!
I haven't updated in a while. It seems like everyone around us has been getting sick, and eventually it caught up with me too.
I'm happy to say I'm finally feeling better and up and running again!
This ol' chalkboard has become a pleasant little addition to our kitchen. It's been a menu board, an art gallery for the kids, and most recently...
A place for our quote of the week.
During family scripture study, we were talking about how every member can be a missionary and some of the simple ways we can share the gospel in our everyday lives.
We read these words from President Gordon B. Hinckley:
“If we will go forward, never losing sight of our goal, speaking ill of no one, living the great principles we know to be true, this cause will roll on in majesty and power to fill the earth.”
One of the kids suggested that perhaps one of the best ways we could influence others was simply through our actions and our words.
That started a good family discussion.
We talked about being more present when we speak and trying to use words that add to another person rather than take something away from them.
So, as a family, we decided to accept a little challenge:
Speak Ill Of No One.
For one whole week.
And because every family challenge apparently needs its own secret code word, we came up with one:
S.I.O.N.O.
Anytime someone forgot and started saying something unkind about another person, all it took was one little reminder...
“SIONO!”
No lecture necessary.
We're now well into week two, and I'm still hearing that funny little word floating around our home.
I love it.
What started as a one-week challenge is slowly becoming a habit.
We're certainly not perfect at it, but I've noticed a difference in the way we're speaking about other people...and perhaps even in the way we're thinking about them.
Funny how one little word written on an ol' kitchen chalkboard can become such a powerful reminder:
Speak Ill Of No One.
Comments
Love ya
Christina