My Little Dancing Beauties
















One afternoon, I brought my camera to the girls' jazz class rehearsal, hoping to capture a few memories before their Christmas performance. It turned out to be one of my favorite photo sessions.

Breeley, Britley, and my niece, Emmie, were all in the same class, practicing their adorable Reindeer Dance. From the moment the music began, they danced with all the enthusiasm and confidence their little hearts could muster.

There is something especially endearing about watching young children perform. Some remember every step, some add a few steps of their own, and all of them dance as if they're the stars of the show.

Their tiny costumes, bright smiles, and carefree excitement filled the room with joy. Between the rehearsed dance moves were little giggles, whispers to friends, and those candid moments that make childhood so beautiful.

I'm so grateful I brought my camera that day. While everyone else was watching the rehearsal, I was able to preserve a season of life that passed far too quickly.

Years from now, these photographs will remind us of little pointed toes, Christmas music, tiny reindeer, and three precious girls who danced their hearts out.

Some of my favorite memories are the ones captured before the curtain ever opens.

Jazz class
Reindeer Dance
December '08




Comments

Anonymous said…
How cute are they! Love them wish I could hug them, please do it for me. Love you all. By the way Lorri, I have blog I visit a lot of a photographer/mom and she has some amazing pix to look at you might get some ideas. Love ya. here is the blog address. http://andrealburns.blogspot.com/
Kelly said…
Such Cute litte dancers! I love all the photos you take! They eyes just pop!! You are very talented! I hope you are all ready for the Holidays! We wish you and your fam a merry Christmas! -Kelly
dustin and amy said…
What sweethearts! How fun that they get to do things with their cousin. I love that my kiddos have their cousins close. Where do they take dance? Kenley's thinking about starting up again.
Anonymous said…
Love their personalities that shine through in the pics!
Anonymous said…
Lorri...great pics!! Your children are beautiful! I am so very flattered to be in your "exploring" links!! ;) Thanks so much! Melissa Andries ;)

Popular posts from this blog

JUST ME AND THE GIRLS

CALI TRIP