Christmas in Utah

Our Vacation spot in
Midway, Utah

You know how people always say that by the end of a vacation they're ready to get back home?

Well... that certainly wasn't the case for us.

For ten wonderful days, we traded our everyday routines for snow-covered mountains, cozy evenings, and the kind of family memories that you wish could last forever.

Our vacation home in Midway looked like something out of a Christmas postcard. Long icicles hung from the rooftops, snow blanketed everything in sight, and every window framed another breathtaking view.

The days were filled with adventure.

We bundled up until only our eyes peeked out from beneath hats and scarves. We spent hours sledding, skiing, throwing snowballs, tasting fresh snow, and laughing until our cheeks were rosy from the cold.

The evenings were just as memorable.

After long days outside, we'd gather around the fireplace, warming our hands, cuddling under blankets, sharing stories, and simply enjoying being together. Those quiet moments were every bit as special as the adventures.

One of my favorite memories came from our youngest daughter.

She wasn't quite ready to call it a day when it was time to turn in her skis. Tears quickly replaced her smile because, in her mind, the fun shouldn't have to end.

Thankfully, Daddy came to the rescue.

He scooped her onto his snowboard and gave her one last ride to the gondola. Just like that, the tears disappeared, replaced by a smile that stretched from ear to ear.

Sometimes all it takes is a dad who knows exactly how to rescue the moment.

As wonderful as vacations are, they always seem to teach the same lesson.

No matter how magical the place, how perfect the weather, or how much fun we're having... eventually it's time to pack our bags and head home.

It's a difficult lesson to learn, but an important one.

All good things eventually come to an end.

The beautiful part is that the memories don't.

Long after the snow has melted and life has returned to its usual routine, we'll always have these photographs to remind us of ten unforgettable days in the mountains—filled with laughter, adventure, and the simple joy of being together as a family.


Collecting Icicles




PLAYING IN THE SNOW








SLEDDING




EATING SNOW



RELAXING BY THE FIRE



SKIING






Comments

Castle Family said…
Merry Christmas! It looks like you're having a blast! We had a little snow in California, but it's all melted now. Love all your pics :)
Huish Family said…
Wow, it looks like you are having an amazing time up there. It looks so beautiful. I am so happy for you guys to enjoy it!Save some snow for me, I don't get to go up there until February!
Kelly said…
Wow! I am so JEALOUS!! Hope you had a merry christmas!!
It looks like so much fun. Great photo shots.
Lori said…
What a great place! Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! I love your gorgeous pictures, Lorri! What kind of camera do you have? I need to take lessons from you.
Looks like the trip has been great!Great pictures! We are missing out. The scenery is beautiful along with your family.Great memories!
Lori, pix are awsome. Great job. Glad you are all having fun. That's what it's about. We have had a great time in California with family. Lot's of fun and visiting. Look forward to seeing you after you get home.
Sean
That is where you are!!! I was trying to take you some cookies since I couldnt make it to visit teach with Julie!! But thats ok it looks like you guys are having the time of your life!!!
Sonia said…
Girl, I love your pics. Absolutely gorgeous. You look like you had an amazing time playing in the snow. I have to say I was a bit jealous. I am sorry I was not able to attend the seminar Brandon had. My sis got married that Friday and we were in Joseph City for their second reception on Saturday. I really wish I could have been there. I would have loved to have heard it and seen you and Kelli. We need to get together and play now that everything is winding down. I hope you had a Merry Christmas. Love you.
chrisy said…
Love the picture of you guys relaxing by the fire. Hey, I checked out those two blogs you told me to....how entertaining, I had so much fun reading through them. Thanks for sharing :)
Clint & Janet said…
Awesome photos of your beautiful family!! And perfect documentation of a wonderful time!

Popular posts from this blog

JUST ME AND THE GIRLS

CALI TRIP