Recording Time on Halloween Night 🎃
Britley
06
07
08
Breeley
06
08
06

07

08

07
08
06

07
07
08
07

08
08
It's amazing how a simple Halloween costume can become a snapshot of an entire season of life.
Looking back through these photos, I realized that costumes do more than capture who the kids wanted to be for one night—they quietly record how much they've grown from year to year.
Britley
- 2006: Fairy Princess
- 2007: Butterfly
- 2008: Butterfly
Breeley
- 2006: Kitty Cat
- 2007: Tinker Bell
- 2008: Butterfly
Dawson
- 2006: Batman
- 2007: Pirate
- 2008: Skeleton
Wesley
- 2006: Ninja Warrior
- 2007: Motocross Rider
- 2008: Pirate
Nathan
- 2006: Ninja Warrior
- 2007: Movie character (complete with a sword!)
- 2008: Declined a costume... I suppose he had reached the age where Halloween costumes just weren't his thing anymore.
Time has a way of slipping by so quietly. One year they're excitedly choosing costumes months in advance, and before you know it, one of them is saying, "I'm too old for that now."
It happens so gradually that we hardly notice until we look back.
Comments